Amazon Launches Fire HD 6 and Fire HD 7 & Kids Edition Tablets With Fire OS 4 ‘Sangria’

After unveiling Amazon Launches Kindle Voyage: A $199 E-Book Reader With Paperwhite Display & Free 3G, Amazon announced four new tablets that let users experience the latest version of Fire OS and Amazon services at affordable rates. The Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7 and Kids Edition run the latest Fire OS 4 ‘Sangria’ which is based on the Android KitKat. The Fire OS 4 pushes desired content to the user’s device with the help of its Advanced Streaming and Prediction technique. The Smart Suspend curates an individual power management profile which helps in increasing the standby time by 25%. The Fire OS 4 comes with features like user profiles to store social networking and device settings for every user and Family Sharing that allows you to share your Kindle e-book collection and Prime Instant Video content with family members. Amazon will offer unlimited cloud storage for all photos shot with Fire OS 4 running devices. All 4th generation devices come preloaded with Fire OS 4 and older devices shall get it by the beginning of next year.

Amazon.com and Amazon.com

Fire HD 6 1

Fire HD 6 and Fire HD 7 are Wi-Fi only connectivity tablets with 6 and 7-inch HD (1280x800 pixels) resolution, Gorilla Glass protected screens. On the inside they both house either a 1.2 GHz or a 1.5GHz quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM. To keep the manufacturing costs low Amazon has settled for 2 MP camera on the rear and 0.3 MP camera on the front on both of these tablets. Unlike other tablets in this range the Kindle Fire HD 6 and 7 tablets do not compromise on sound quality as they have given each of the tablets dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus technology. The tablets will be sold in 8 and 16GB internal memory variants with prices starting at $99. You can get a Kindle Fire HD tablet in black, white, cobalt, magenta, and citron colour variants.

Fire HD 6

Amazon.com

Fire HD Kids

These are basically Fire HD 6 and Fire HD 7 tablets with kid friendly features. As you can see in the product image above, these tablets come with a Kid-Proof casing that can withstand minor drops. Even if your kid breaks the tablet, Amazon will replace it under a two-year “Worry Free” warranty for free. Fire HD Kids Edition tablets will be able to access the Amazon FreeTime Unlimited service at no charge for one year. Freetime Unlimited is a parental control enabled content delivery service that makes sure that children study and entertain themselves in moderation. For the safety of kids the Fire HD Kids edition allows them to take photos but prohibits them from accessing any social networking website. The tablet is being sold in blue, green and pink colour variants at prices starting from $149.

Source: Amazon Press Releases #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi! I am new here and I just want to ask about my project idea. I want to know if my idea is possible using Raspberry Pi. I want to...
I want to create a Coin-slot Operated Printing Machine that will be controlled using an Android tablet as the display and control of the printer. The machine will accept files...
Peel and stick PV panels to power the world? https://fora.tv/2014/06/11/Xiaolin_Z...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-4109fb0c5f-295725241
Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch is coming to India via Flipkart. As of now Flipkart's got an official page for the Moto 360: Check Here!. There's no confirmation of the launch...
One of my collegue have a working experience of 3 years in java. Currently i am working on Java with Struts, JSP, Servlets. Prior experience of Android as well. Now,...