CrazyEngineers
  • If you are just as excited about the Amazon Fire TV and curious to know its price in India; look no further. I did a quick survey of the prices of the rival products; the price of Amazon Fire TV in India will be around Rs. 8000 or a little lesser. Note that Amazon is also selling add-ons like Gaming controllers for those who want to use the Fire TV as a gaming machine. The price of gaming controller will be about Rs. 2000 and that's just my wild guess.

Amazon's machine is quite interesting. It not only offers better hardware; but also doubles up as a gaming device. I've covered the detailed tech-specs of the Amazon Fire TV = Set Top Box + Gaming Console in a separate post. The official launch date is yet to be announced; but I guess it'll be made available to Indian users by the end of 2014.

What do you think?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorApr 19, 2014

Alright, we've an update! The <a href="https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/google-chromecast-now-available-in-india-with-a-price-tag-of-rs-3099.74444">Google Chromecast now available in India with a price tag of Rs. 3099</a> will retail in India with a price tag of about Rs. 3000+. The price varies on various stores - with Amazon selling it for Rs. 3099 and eBay.in is selling it for Rs. ~3990. That means if Amazon launches their Fire TV in India - it's going to be in the Rs. 8000+ range and my best guess now is Rs. 10000.

Only time will tell what pricing Amazon has in mind for the FireTV. Let's wait and watch.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register