1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Amazon Fire TV Price In India

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room on Apr 2, 2014
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 2, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
If you are just as excited about the Amazon Fire TV and curious to know its price in India; look no further. I did a quick survey of the prices of the rival products; the price of Amazon Fire TV in India will be around Rs. 8000 or a little lesser. Note that Amazon is also selling add-ons like Gaming controllers for those who want to use the Fire TV as a gaming machine. The price of gaming controller will be about Rs. 2000 and that's just my wild guess.

Amazon's machine is quite interesting. It not only offers better hardware; but also doubles up as a gaming device. I've covered the detailed tech-specs of the Fire TV in a separate post. The official launch date is yet to be announced; but I guess it'll be made available to Indian users by the end of 2014.

What do you think? Posted in: #Coffee Room
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 19, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
Alright, we've an update! The Google Chromecast will retail in India with a price tag of about Rs. 3000+. The price varies on various stores - with Amazon selling it for Rs. 3099 and eBay.in is selling it for Rs. ~3990. That means if Amazon launches their Fire TV in India - it's going to be in the Rs. 8000+ range and my best guess now is Rs. 10000.

Only time will tell what pricing Amazon has in mind for the FireTV. Let's wait and watch.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up