Amazon expands: Launches new marketplace - Amazon Art

Amazon has been expanding enormously off late expanding its business to various parts of the world and launching new marketplaces. Well, here is one more marketplace named 'Amazon Art' which is going to host a plethora of paintings ranging from $200 to $2.5 million. The main motive behind the launch is to provide the customers with a gallery like experience online. Customers can navigate through paintings easily and can provide filters to make searches better.

amazon-art-2013-06-08-01

Apart from the paintings, Amazon Art will also provide details about the artist and previous exhibition history. Do you think having a separate marketplace for paintings is a good idea? Seems Jeff Beizos is not hesitant in trying it out.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely a treat for art lovers.If I had a chance I will try to buy a painting as i love portraits and landscapes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASSCOM has already rolled up its sleeves to make sure that India doesn't fall back in the global startup race. It's launched the 10,000 startups initiative in association with Google...
Firefox 23 update is now available for download from official Mozilla website. If you are reading this post using Firefox, the browser might be updating itself silently in the background....
I'm wondering whether MP3 is the best audio format available to produce the best of the music quality. I've no knowledge of how MP3 compression works, but I'm guessing that...
I have lenovo G580 machine. I've been trying to install linux as secondary os... But i couldn't able install linux as secondary... ie., i have partitioned 450gb for windows and...
We love to talk about how education system is flawed and how it needs to be fixed immediately. I think more than the education system, what needs to be fixed...