Aluminium Car Brake Rotor

[​IMG]
Institute of Materials Processing has introduced new brake rotor that could greatly improve vehicle braking systems with new, lightweight, low-cost brake rotor. IMP has developed an aluminum brake rotor that retains the advantages of aluminum while overcoming its disadvantages. The new design could reduce the weight by as much as 50 percent.Also it has great corrosion resistance, faster heat dissipation, better wear resistance, and higher strength and ductility than conventional, cast-iron brake rotors. The aluminum rotor could be cheaper to maintain, matches well with existing brake pads and has equivalent braking performance. Also, after the steel surface has been worn rough, it can be machined and the rotors used for several more years. A car equipped with these new brake rotors would be 20 to 25 pounds lighter, resulting in faster acceleration, a shorter stopping distance, better fuel-efficiency and lower emissions. It could also save consumers three to eight gallons of gasoline per year. The steel-clad aluminum brake rotor consist of an aluminum alloy body and two steel surfaces that contact the pads during braking. This design has been made by a new, cost-effective process that bonds steel to aluminum. The cost for producing the new aluminum and steel rotors is comparable to the cost of traditional steel rotors.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One more copy-pasted post and you'll be out of CEoM.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Range Rover the king of SUV's still dominate the world with its karismatic look and bold design.Recently Range Rover had released a special black design pack in India with an...
I couldnt get the benefit of overriden methods !! Why overriding is used ? Is it a feature or demerit of java ? Methods declared in any interface need to...
We all knew that the great legends of bikes Kawasaki,Suzuki,yamaha and Ducati.Here are two crazy bikes released from Kawasaki for Indian customers and bike lovers.The monsters to be on Indian...
Hello everyone, I need an 8051 trainer kit. Since I am almost done with the theory, I think it will be good to prepare projects. So can you guys please...
My Mobile-Odin is unfortunately giving me error report & thus I am unable to flash Stock ROM or anyother custom Kernel without using it. Also there is no Linux version...