CrazyEngineers
  • My sister @#-Link-Snipped-# shared the following comic strip with me saying it's been made for me. I enjoyed reading it and yes, it does reflect my life in the last ~10 years. I was totally surprised to see that this strip is already making waves in the social media and also made it to the front page of Gawker media blog (one of the most popular blog networks in the world).

Note: The strip may require multiple readings to understand, but it'd be an effort worth investing.

Gawker says, "this comic pretty much sums up everything you need to know... it's the best thing you'll read all day". The uninitiated may know that Bill Watterson is the creator of one of the most popular comic strips in the world - Calvin & Hobbes.

I thought of posting it here, because it does offer some advice and also caution that it may require some time before you understand what it's trying to say. Sit back, free your mind, read the comic, think about it and then post your feelings below in the comments.

life-wisdom
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorAug 28, 2013

I couldn't agree more with the title of this thread.

I think very few people would pay attention to the words written. We are so clouded with the thoughts of what people have been telling us about success, ambition, passion under the topic of - "career advice", that it becomes a fleeting idea that there's life beyond all this.

I know very few people, who have given a serious thought to finding "your own life's meaning". Some of my friends talked about it at length, but now as they are climbing that imaginary ladder of success - they have changed their opinions in pursuit of the materialistic dreams.

And though it's written over and over, it IS really difficult to FORM a strong opinion about such a thing about your life and pursue it whole-heartedly - when there will be thousands of people (especially close to you and people you care about and people you look to for advice) who would say "Don't be satisfied with where you are" OR "Keep Climbing. If you stop, you are stuck." 😐

This comic comes from a daredevil who was bold enough to follow his heart. There's A LOT to think about, if you read it carefully.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • zaveri

MemberAug 28, 2013

The comic strip meant well, but looking at it from another angle, i feel it is easier to preach than to put anything in to practice.
    Cancel
  • Ambarish Ganesh

MemberAug 28, 2013

zaveri
    The comic strip meant well, but looking at it from another angle, i feel it is easier to preach than to put anything in to practice.
    That's where the respect for the person who's actually practising brims up. 😀
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

zaveri
    That's the reason the strip says -

• To invent your own life's meaning is not easy.
    • But it's still allowed.
    • #Respect
    I agree, it's easier said than done though.

But it's not 'THAT' difficult either.
    Cancel
  • Pensu

MemberAug 28, 2013

Amazing. Loved the part - "As if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth". Since our birth, society tells us to be successful. But nobody knows what "success" is? They are just climbing an imaginary ladder. May be some day, it would be easier to invent own life's meaning, till then keep rising!
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

Success is living the life you want.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

So, do we any anyone who wants to walk the talk? 😀
    Cancel
  • Shailaja Tiwari

MemberAug 29, 2013

The decision to follow your heart is really the one that requires a lot of courage.But once you do it your life becomes as good as never before
    This is what I learnt from the amazing comic strip 😀.But anyway there's a lot of difference in learning and actually implementing them.😒
    Cancel
  • Anand Tamariya

MemberAug 29, 2013

hmm....it's not that difficult as it seems. If one knows what one wants, one will definitely get it. Just remember - one alone is responsible for one's life.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberAug 29, 2013

One thing My life I am the maker No one can guide me 100%

Nice comic really awesome and a good advice for emerging engineers
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 30, 2013

A comic strip with a good advice that makes people to read it fully and absorb the content.
    Cancel
  • rahul69

MemberAug 30, 2013

Heart touching ! and reminds me of my former self 😔 😭...now I feel better !
    Cancel
  • Karishma Manwani

MemberMay 7, 2014

At times you just come across things you need the most 😀
    Probably "The law of attraction". I loved it !
    Yes ! It takes hell lot of courage to choose not to go with the flow..
    and the funniest part is that at times NOBODY stands with you when you take such life transforming decisions
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorMay 8, 2014

#-Link-Snipped-# I couldn't agree more. 😀
    Cancel
  • Sanyam Khurana

MemberMay 8, 2014

Karishma Manwani
    At times you just come across things you need the most 😀
    Probably "The law of attraction". I loved it !
    Yes ! It takes hell lot of courage to choose not to go with the flow..
    and the funniest part is that at times NOBODY stands with you when you take such life transforming decisions
    I agree to you !
    Offtopic:
    Spoiler

It really takes courage to do something really away from the well-trodden path. You may be successful, you might be not. All depends on your hard-work & a fraction of what we call "destiny".
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register