All the life's wisdom you need...

My sister @#-Link-Snipped-# shared the following comic strip with me saying it's been made for me. I enjoyed reading it and yes, it does reflect my life in the last ~10 years. I was totally surprised to see that this strip is already making waves in the social media and also made it to the front page of Gawker media blog (one of the most popular blog networks in the world).

Note: The strip may require multiple readings to understand, but it'd be an effort worth investing.

Gawker says, "this comic pretty much sums up everything you need to know... it's the best thing you'll read all day". The uninitiated may know that Bill Watterson is the creator of one of the most popular comic strips in the world - Calvin & Hobbes.

I thought of posting it here, because it does offer some advice and also caution that it may require some time before you understand what it's trying to say. Sit back, free your mind, read the comic, think about it and then post your feelings below in the comments.

life-wisdom

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I couldn't agree more with the title of this thread.

I think very few people would pay attention to the words written. We are so clouded with the thoughts of what people have been telling us about success, ambition, passion under the topic of - "career advice", that it becomes a fleeting idea that there's life beyond all this.

I know very few people, who have given a serious thought to finding "your own life's meaning". Some of my friends talked about it at length, but now as they are climbing that imaginary ladder of success - they have changed their opinions in pursuit of the materialistic dreams.

And though it's written over and over, it IS really difficult to FORM a strong opinion about such a thing about your life and pursue it whole-heartedly - when there will be thousands of people (especially close to you and people you care about and people you look to for advice) who would say "Don't be satisfied with where you are" OR "Keep Climbing. If you stop, you are stuck." ๐Ÿ˜

This comic comes from a daredevil who was bold enough to follow his heart. There's A LOT to think about, if you read it carefully.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The comic strip meant well, but looking at it from another angle, i feel it is easier to preach than to put anything in to practice.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    zaveri
    The comic strip meant well, but looking at it from another angle, i feel it is easier to preach than to put anything in to practice.
    That's where the respect for the person who's actually practising brims up. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    That's the reason the strip says -

• To invent your own life's meaning is not easy.
    • But it's still allowed.
    • #Respect
    I agree, it's easier said than done though.

But it's not 'THAT' difficult either.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Amazing. Loved the part - "As if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth". Since our birth, society tells us to be successful. But nobody knows what "success" is? They are just climbing an imaginary ladder. May be some day, it would be easier to invent own life's meaning, till then keep rising!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Success is living the life you want.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, do we any anyone who wants to walk the talk? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    The decision to follow your heart is really the one that requires a lot of courage.But once you do it your life becomes as good as never before
    This is what I learnt from the amazing comic strip ๐Ÿ˜€.But anyway there's a lot of difference in learning and actually implementing them.๐Ÿ˜’
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    hmm....it's not that difficult as it seems. If one knows what one wants, one will definitely get it. Just remember - one alone is responsible for one's life.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    One thing My life I am the maker No one can guide me 100%

Nice comic really awesome and a good advice for emerging engineers
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A comic strip with a good advice that makes people to read it fully and absorb the content.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Heart touching ! and reminds me of my former self ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜ญ...now I feel better !
  • Karishma Manwani
    Karishma Manwani
    At times you just come across things you need the most ๐Ÿ˜€
    Probably "The law of attraction". I loved it !
    Yes ! It takes hell lot of courage to choose not to go with the flow..
    and the funniest part is that at times NOBODY stands with you when you take such life transforming decisions
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I couldn't agree more. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Karishma Manwani
    At times you just come across things you need the most ๐Ÿ˜€
    Probably "The law of attraction". I loved it !
    Yes ! It takes hell lot of courage to choose not to go with the flow..
    and the funniest part is that at times NOBODY stands with you when you take such life transforming decisions
    I agree to you !
    Offtopic:
    Spoiler

It really takes courage to do something really away from the well-trodden path. You may be successful, you might be not. All depends on your hard-work & a fraction of what we call "destiny".

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how petrol has low flash point than diesel but on the other hand high auto ignition point than diesel?
This is one of the best instrumentals I've come across, and boy, what a tribute! Have it on loop since morning. Just had to share it here ๐Ÿ˜€- https://soundcloud.com/paradigmshiftraaga/roja-a-tribute-to-a-r-rahman
I'm using Dev-cpp .Inorder to run graphics command in dev-cpp I included graphics package and bgi files in dev-cpp.But still I'm not able to run graphics command as it throws...
Its the latest trend in interview circle-Psychological tests. I had been to a interview recently. Interviewer says u will get a post of ASST Manager for your experience of 10...
Skype - the company now owned by Microsoft, has confirmed that their engineers are working on developing 3D video call facility. One of the senior executives of Skype unveiled the...