All Regular-ceans Take A Look At This Thread. (you Might Find It Offensive)

Almost 3 months after the release of Resource section; We, CrazyEngineers now have more than 500 books in the CE library & still the number is increasing daily.Thanks to some of you contributors.

But I am very sad by the response from all CEans. Why ?
3 months = 90 days, we have total 515 resources at this moment. Therefore, 515/90 = 5.72 i.e approx 6. So, just 6 resource upload/day ?
We have more than 25-30 visitors who regularly visits the forum & there are plenty of free resources which are still waiting to be uploaded in our Library.

So, what's wrong with us, CEans ?
We're "community", a family - There's no such thing like "I" & "Me" in the community.It's always "Us",and I have seen this kinda attitude in many other Indian communities (I am writing Indian communities, because I have seen this mentality most in it only).
Why i am saying this ? because I feel that not all CEans are giving their best to the community(I might be wrong though).I am highly disappointed with the environment.

Okay, my words maybe ether, but comeon buddy, Just wearing "CE tees" & saying that "I am proud CEan" & logging everyday in CE, don't make you CEan. You gotta work for community, you gotta contribute.And, contribute doesn't mean just "commenting" on threads & asking queries on threads.

Okay, let me get to point :
- You read any latest news ? Share with us!
- You know any programming language? Create the tutorial!
- You know something ? Create the tutorial!
- Just download & upload one resource per day, Just one man! It doesn't take more than few minutes in uploading one resource.
- Don't just stay online & "like" the thread, build the conversation!
- It's been 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 & 2013 : 8 fucking years & still we Ceans haven't created anything (I mean project or App, exclusively created by CEans only)

Anyways, I hope you understand what I want to say.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's something that hasn't worked for CE; for whatever unfortunate reasons. We haven't been great at creating discussions and building conversations. This was discussed several times; but things haven't really changed.

Don't Just 'Like'; Build A Conversation!

How to Improve CE, A Case Study

The new CEoM apps aims to change that. It's important for our long term success 😀
  • Phenomenal
    Phenomenal
    I have a question.
    I have a few quality resources for every topic that I like such as Technology,Business,Psychology,Fashion,etc.
    It's not restricted to engineering alone (thought most of it is...) and extends to improving our lives - like Time Management,Self-Management,Productivity,etc.

I would like to share the BEST of my stuff but...
    1)Most of these were downloaded from other websites (like Interview questions,Tips,Tutorials)?Is it allowed to upload them here with the name intact?
    2)Some of them are amazing ebooks,what about any copy-right issues?Or how can I list them here so that others can learn from them?
    3)Some of them are amazing websites?Again is it allowed to link to them directly or list them?
    4)Is it okay to list non-engineering resources that can improve our quality of life?
    Is it possible to have a separate sub-forum to discuss Money/Business,Self-Help,Health and Relationships??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As #-Link-Snipped-# said some DIY or tutorial will be of great help to yourself as well as for others who are interested to do something new but not sure from where they have to start.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# you are free to share your resource if it is not COPYRIGHTED by the source website

Other than that every thing is a fair game

Instead of posting links u can give us a gyst of info on the topic u read and share the link here as an additonal source of info to us
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Abhishek Rawal
    And, contribute doesn't mean just "commenting" on threads & asking queries on threads.
    - It's been 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 & 2013 : 8 fucking years & still we Ceans haven't created anything (I mean project or App, exclusively created by CEans only)
    Anyways, I hope you understand what I want to say.
    In every community, real are virtual, there will be free loaders, plodders, casuals and workers. Even a bee hive has such.

Sometimes, a lot of things go on behind the scenes. People get together and make things happen. These contacts becoming possible simply because of CE. Probably such things never come to light because of restricted interest.

Maybe an announcement in CE that any such collaborative project should be shared on CE if of general interest can generate useful content.

It is not all bad.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I understand your concerns #-Link-Snipped-# and have felt the same in the past. I used to personally give ideas to regular CEans for topics that they can start threads on. Most other tech forums have a larger audience, not-only-engineers. So, these guys seem to be more interested in technology and news surrounding it.
    I do feel that if motivation is all CEans need, CEoM app is going to give them that. We got to strive together to make this a community that an engineer cannot graduate without logging-in. That is the aim. That is the future. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IIT JEE (Advanced) 2013 results are declared two days in advance on 21st June. Earlier results were supposed to be declared on 23rd June. Though results are announced couple of...
Ever thought of your wearable 3D TV? Sony had come-up with the world's first wearable peronal 3D viewer in India @just 69,900. This would be available for use by mid-...
Can you think crazily that your body heat is used for charging your phone device? If answer is Yes, then let me tell you its proved as a true dream....
Hey guys, So I'm based in New Delhi, India and really wanna learn to program in RoR. I'm fairly good with computers and even know a bit of HTML/CSS but...
I'm about to enter my final year in school. could I get suggestions on a cheap but innovative final project