All India Radio Brings Free SMS Service To Provide News Updates To Subscribers

More often than not, the All India Radio is getting used to being in news with its new features and offers. A few months back we heard about the Android App for All India Radio (AIR) i.e. Aakashvani and Doordarshan launched by Prasar Bharti. Now its time for a new free SMS service that will let the radio subscribers to receive news updates via SMS. So, now you can keep yourself up-to-date with all the latest scoop in news even if you prefer to keep your data packet turned off. The service was launched by Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting is a branch of the Government of India. It is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to information, broadcasting, the press and films in India. AIR is able to access information from extremely remote parts of the country, he said and added that with this service, "we want to ensure events taking place in northeast and others parts, get mainstreamed".

This free SMS Service was an initiative launched by Air India Radio six months ago and over the time it has gathered over two lakh subscribers. By becomingopen to the public, now it intends to gather a 5-lakh subscriber base by the month end. After subscription, AIR will send free messages with news and even public utility messages. If you want to go ahead and subscribe to it, you can send a SMS ‘AIRNEWS’ ‘their name’ to 08082080820 or give a missed call to the mentioned number.

AIR-Aakashvani-Radio-Android-App

AIR intends to recover the cost of sending messages through ministries and departments who want to send their utility message along with the news updates. "The resource generated through such public utility schemes will enable the News Services Division of AIR to bear the cost incurred towards generating such SMSes," said an official statement. We think that it is a pretty great initiative taken by the Government Institution in India. Along with this, Mr. Manish Tewari on Monday also inaugurated the Bharat Nirman portal which provides an interactive digital platform for the creative campaign on various programmes of the flagship scheme.

So if you are subscribing to the radio free news service right away, you can expect AIR to bring for you 3 to 4 alerts at least three times a day. Let us know your feedback of the service in comments below.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a great initiative and a gift for the people which dont have gprs facility.This will help in retaining the reliability and reputation of AIR service.Will post the feedback after subscription.
    PS:How to unsubscribe?
  • Tauqeer Ahamed
    Tauqeer Ahamed
    I m very happy that i receive news from AIR from yesterday..
  • Tauqeer Ahamed
    Tauqeer Ahamed
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a great initiative and a gift for the people which dont have gprs facility.This will help in retaining the reliability and reputation of AIR service.Will post the feedback after subscription.
    PS:How to unsubscribe?
    just give mis call to the no 08082080820
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like a lot of people are subscribing to the news. I think this service has all reasons to become popular in the rural areas. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ASUS or ASUSTeK Computer Inc, the Taiwanese multinational, is all geared up to launch the new version of ASUS Padfone Infinity. With the invites now sent for the press event,...
Is there any relay which can be programmed to work under certain voltage, current or load range? For example, voltage range from 0V to 10V, the relay deactivates while voltage...
The latest Call of Duty: Ghosts trailer has sketched some of the most key moments from the game- including a zero-gravity gunfight and a guerilla helicopter takedown. A father-son theme...
When i tried to open gmail,I was quite suprised to see the new feature and ease of access in mailing.Does anyone noticed it?
What is assertion in java and why it is used ?