All India CE meet. What say you?

Guys,

I want to organise an all India CE meet. What is your opinion on it?

Here is a short plan:
  1. The meet will be organised in CE HQ that is Nagpur city
  2. We will hire a banquet at a 4/5 star hotel and have a meetup for a day, preferably Sunday. Another option is to have it in a resort and for 2-3 days.
  3. Agenda- Networking, opportunities for and with CE, projects, idea camp, lot of fun
  4. We form a core team of CEans who
    1. Organise invitations
    2. Contact well known people to chair various discussions
    3. Search for sponsors to the event
    4. Help us to orgaqnise and manage the event successfully
  5. As this is a cost intensive event, CEans should buy the invitation to the meet up. Whole event will be organised without profit in mind.
What do you say? If there is interest, I will mobilize people and start the preparations.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This is really great idea #-Link-Snipped-# we have planned 2-3 times about Mega meet but we are not able to make it successfully. So this is bit different but interesting.

I'm IN. Let me know if I can help in any way.

๐Ÿ‘
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I just have to copy paste what GF has said above. I am interested and let me know how can I help.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    This time it will happen. Biggie has suggested that instead of a day long conference style meeting, we go for an outbound activity. Essentially we will have to do it around Nagpur. I will handle all the things locally here. I need help from you guys on following-
    1. Get participants for the AICE meet.
    2. People may be traveling from different places. So please find out the locations from where people are expected to travel and collect costs. We will have to help them with travel
    3. I will find out the local expense per person here in Nagpur and let you guys know.
    4. We will do this through 'Do attend' or 'mera events' so people buy their invitations online and then come over
    Can we popularise this thread and find out how many want to attend the event?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I have made this thread sticky so more Ceans can visit it. I am also going to share this on FB and Twitter.

#-Link-Snipped-# can you start a Event under CE page on FB ?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    godfather
    I have made this thread sticky so more Ceans can visit it. I am also going to share this on FB and Twitter.

#-Link-Snipped-# can you start a Event under CE page on FB ?
    Excellent. We need at least 25 people to attend. And this time I'm going to go all out to make sure people come.

Also, is it possible for you guys to list down your expectations from CE meet? For me, meeting like minded people is a point strong enough. When like minded people meet, they co-create some thing really big!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    mayurpathak
    Excellent. We need at least 25 people to attend. And this time I'm going to go all out to make sure people come.

Also, is it possible for you guys to list down your expectations from CE meet? For me, meeting like minded people is a point strong enough. When like minded people meet, they co-create some thing really big!
    I too strongly believe in this and we can make this meet fruitful for everyone who is attending by giving them chance to show their stuffs if they really want to share with like minded people.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am okay with this meet But the location almost seems impossible for me to visit due to dependance on parents. Any suggestions here
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Conqueror
    I am okay with this meet But the location almost seems impossible for me to visit due to dependance on parents. Any suggestions here
    What is your location? Find out people who can join you from your friends. Let me know how we can help.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    mayurpathak
    What is your location? Find out people who can join you from your friends. Let me know how we can help.
    I am from Chennai I will tag some of my CE buddies and we will see that which is possible and convey it here to you
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Conqueror
    I am from Chennai I will tag some of my CE buddies and we will see that which is possible and convey it here to you
    We have lot of CEans from Chennai, You can join them. You will come to know who are coming from Chennai once we finalize everything.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    As of now 3 of my CE mates are interested in it But have to see about others here
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    have dates been finalized yet???
    may be a hint about the expenses might help CEans decide if they can make it or not??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayur's in charge of the planning. I'm guessing the target is February end. ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey guys we are students we can't just like that take a bundle of holidays in the prime of the semester to show up for the meet do Consider the dates buddy.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I can assure you one thing that the meet will be on a weekend. As for the expenses,i haven't calculated but I assume it to be around 2000 per person Indian rupees.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    How about having the meet on February 23 and 24? Guys please reply.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm, it is ok, but i think we need more people to say Yay!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Once Mayur posts the details, I'll make an announcement.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Lets complete the plan and the agenda , I think once that is done people will turn up ๐Ÿ˜€

Feb 23rd and 24rth are good dates !!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    All up for the meet! ๐Ÿ˜€ โ˜• As usual.
    We need all or most of our prominent CEans up for the event though.
    Plus, we should cover at least one CEan from the major cities at least. That would truly make it an All India event.

Feb end dates look good considering the time that each CEan will get to plan things in advance for travel and such. So, we need a plan fast! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Post the scenario there what to expect and I think we will tag on
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I'm Ready ! Let's finalize date. I will contact CEans from my region and let's make it Bigger than ever.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Okay here is the first piece of good news. Dates of 23-24 Feb are certain. We all meet in Nagpur and then proceed for the outbound location. I'm yet to receive the per person pricing but will get it by day end.Then I can chalk out a plan.

It is likely to be as follows.
    • CEans arrive from various locations, maximum by 12 noon at Nagpur railway/bus station or airport. Pickup facility will be provided
    • Proceed to base location in Nagpur to freshen up and have breakfast.
    • We leave by 1pm for the outbound location
    • Overnight stay + loads of fun activities
    • We leave the outbound location by 4pm on the next day and proceed to the railway/bus station or airport
    • Successful AICE meet ends.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Guys, following is the per person cost for the outbound, AICE meet
    1. Cost of boarding at Nagpur (includes pickup from station/airport, breakfast and freshening facility) - INR 300
    2. Cost of travel from Nagpur to Prahar Gad and back (outbound location) - INR 500
    3. Cost of out bound activity including all meals, overnight stay and services of a trainer - INR 1200
    Please note that the training will be military bunker style. So do not come with an expectation of comfort. Also, minimum number of participants are 25. Let us all join together and make sure we get that much of participation.

More information on Prahar, its origin, activities and facility can be found in this new article -> Prahar Military School promoting soldierly conduct | Maharashtra News | Zee News
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The plan is very good. I will ask my friends as well if they are interested to join. But i will only limit it to people who have interest towards technology. Since if i get someone else they will be odd man outs. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    English-Scared
    The plan is very good. I will ask my friends as well if they are interested to join. But i will only limit it to people who have interest towards technology. Since if i get someone else they will be odd man outs. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Let us not limit any one's participation. Whoever wants to join, must!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have a question. my compiler is not working.thats why i am using online free compiler. so i cant understand properly is my code right or not. so please help...
Hi CEans this is arathana studying ECE first year.I want to make myself technical with the help of CEans.
HI...I'm pursuing 1st year civil engineering.I'm proud to become an engineer and also very proud to be an (civil) engineer..world is coming to no more condition without civil engineer...right ???In...
which is the most popular company that civil engineers can work?
please suggest me that which book would i choose for FOC and ENGINEER GRAPHICS? and also how can i do E.G during examination?