All devices are conneted to internet

Everybody knows that the technology is becoming vast day by day and we see it in case of new generations of smartphones and other electronic devices we see. But now it will be sended to the next step that is we are getting to digitalize all the home appliances like bulb sotve oven etc. and after that we are able to control these devices from any where.
[​IMG]
Now all the new developed applices are comparies a chip which make them able to connet with internet so we are about take step to the digital world where we can control every thing through internet. The chief technology and strategy officer of the computer networking company cisco padamshree vorier also says that today is the era of internet so many of the works are controlled by the internet. They say that there are 10 lacks chip based connected devices in 1992 and it is assumed that there are 50 billion up to 2020 will be made up.
so we can see that we are now trying to take a foot step to the fully degitalized world. But as these things are cool they are also make many problem to the people because till now only mobile and computers are the main devices which are connected to the internet and we can easily see that how the bad minds takes advantages of these one about every week a new virus attacked our system and tries to or setals our information. so if all the devices are able to connect to the internet then the condition will be more wrost than this one. and the bad mind people will get the more access to get the common people get terrified. so as per i think we should make us much more secure before doing this. What you says guys?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Everybody knows that the technology is becoming vast day by day and we see it in case of new generations of smartphones and other electronic devices we see. But now it will be sended to the next step that is we are getting to digitalize all the home appliances like bulb sotve oven etc. and after that we are able to control these devices from any where.
    [​IMG]
    Now all the new developed applices are comparies a chip which make them able to connet with internet so we are about take step to the digital world where we can control every thing through internet. The chief technology and strategy officer of the computer networking company cisco padamshree vorier also says that today is the era of internet so many of the works are controlled by the internet. They say that there are 10 lacks chip based connected devices in 1992 and it is assumed that there are 50 billion up to 2020 will be made up.
    so we can see that we are now trying to take a foot step to the fully degitalized world. But as these things are cool they are also make many problem to the people because till now only mobile and computers are the main devices which are connected to the internet and we can easily see that how the bad minds takes advantages of these one about every week a new virus attacked our system and tries to or setals our information. so if all the devices are able to connect to the internet then the condition will be more wrost than this one. and the bad mind people will get the more access to get the common people get terrified. so as per i think we should make us much more secure before doing this. What you says guys?
    I don't think he can make more serious problems by hacking home appliance .If there is any chance please explain it with example.I don't think it can have any negative impact.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I don't think he can make more serious problems by hacking home appliance .If there is any chance please explain it with example.I don't think it can have any negative impact.
    hey i do not say that the improvement is bad but by seeing todays condition it may be wrost because today if a person wants to hurt somebody he should have to physicaly attacked him but if all appliences are on internet he just want a hacker who hacked the applience code and activate it for eg if an oven gets temperature more than threshold it will brusts out. so now you think what are the possibilities. i said that the security issue should be take up seriously before doing this. if i am wrong pls correct me.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yogi.bharadwaj
    hey i do not say that the improvement is bad but by seeing todays condition it may be wrost because today if a person wants to hurt somebody he should have to physicaly attacked him but if all appliences are on internet he just want a hacker who hacked the applience code and activate it for eg if an oven gets temperature more than threshold it will brusts out. so now you think what are the possibilities. i said that the security issue should be take up seriously before doing this. if i am wrong pls correct me.
    In that sense, We can set a threshold limit and set the system to auto off when it reaches predefined value and i agree on your concern.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    In that sense, We can set a threshold limit and set the system to auto off when it reaches predefined value and i agree on your concern.
    i agree with you buddy i can't say that there is no solution there are a huge no. of solutions i just tell about the possibilities i also wants to explore technologies but security is first thing.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Do you think security of internet (say modem in your house) is secure? All the other devices will be no more (or less) secure than the entry point to internet in your house.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Anand Tamariya
    Do you think security of internet (say modem in your house) is secure? All the other devices will be no more (or less) secure than the entry point to internet in your house.
    it all depends on us how we use it and as per the topic of modem it can be secured if i want.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    yogi.bharadwaj
    it all depends on us how we use it and as per the topic of modem it can be secured if i want.
    What exactly is your problem with security? Not sure what you were talking about in the first post.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Anand Tamariya
    What exactly is your problem with security? Not sure what you were talking about in the first post.
    every thought , talk or thing has two sided one is good and other is bad. so we are improving as that every device is connected to the internet is good thing because by getting this technology we can control the any device from any where or up to a certaing range But the bad thing is that internet is a open source so any one other would also be able to control our devices by doing some shot of smart work(hacking is the word for it) which may be harmful for us. Here i just write the second side of that so improvement is good but the sencond side shouild also be encountered if any body still not understand then pls start a conversation to me by which we can easily understand the views of each other. Thanks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dell has released first advertisement after going 'Private' under the leadership of Michael Dell. Dell is going into the 'startup' mode and that means you can expect some new stuff...
I was searching for term 'Indian Engineers Forum' like couple of years ago & found CE. There were many other forums which appeared before CE in search list, but no...
Any one know how to install micromax 3g modem in linux. I have Linuxmint 10 julia.???
I feel great pleasure in announcing this. My own tech-startup Energy Labs is now going viral and huge. For the biggest achievement till date, we have developed an Android Application...
I have a question about optimization with the help of linear and integer programming techniques. I want to make a mathematical model of course scheduling using these techniques. Mathematical model...