AJAX: Technology or Technique?

There are people who believe AJAX is a new Technology. I personally believe its a Technique.

What's your take on it? Why?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    In my opinion AJAX is a type of programming .It is not a new programming language, but a new way to use existing standards.or even more better to say It is not a new programming language, but a new technique for creating better, faster, and more interactive web applications.
    Using this, a JavaScript can communicate directly with the server
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    - I personally believe it is a set of technologies.
    - AJAX is really fancy term for giving the browser the ability to refresh parts of its content with the need to reload an entire page.
    - AJAX make a browser-based application behave more like a rich or smart-client application.
    - Scalability. AJAX is lighter in weight
    - An asynchronous communication channel between the browser and server, JavaScript, and XML
    - Asynchronous data retrieval using XMLHttpRequest or XMLHTTP
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    it is true that AJAX has given more power than before to the web developers to take their creativity to next level
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    On thing to add in google when you type any keyword it creates a drop down list ie because of ajax ..it is possible...ie to create more interactivity..so i will say it is a technique...
  • callyD
    callyD
    Yes I do say its a technique... technique for creating interactive web applications.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    callyD
    Yes I do say its a technique... technique for creating interactive web applications.
    How'd you support your answer? Rather, why it is not a technology?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    The_Big_K
    There are people who believe AJAX is a new Technology. I personally believe its a Technique.

What's your take on it? Why?

In my point of view, AJAX is a technology. If some body brings a new type of implementations then we cannot always say that it as a technique I think. What is your take on cloud computing?..It can be created with java script ..will you say it as technique? No it is a technology. Same way Ajax is a technology,,,
  • gsxraddict
    gsxraddict
    I think its a technique, its javascript in the end no matter how you break it down.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi.. Can someone help me find an appropriate mini project with your experience. Please suggest me with necessary links too. I have only four more days to submit it.
There are so many people are searching jobs on different sites. But is providing better jobs to all jobs seekers.
I have written a book. I would like to get copyrights for it. Please help! 😕😔😔
I want to share some of the questions from my 3rd sem exam of C language. Sharing ALL questions is not possible. (Most of them are easy) Q1. Distinguish between...
I have passed B.E (ICE) in anna univ. Im planning to do my M.S. (Research) for which Im looking for research topic. I prefer to do in one of the...