AirTel is World's 5th largest mobile phone operator|Kuwait's Zain acquired for $10.7b

India's AirTel has successfully concluded its $10.7 billion deal to acquire the African assets of Kuwait's Zain, making it the world's fifth largest mobile phone services company.

The transaction is the largest ever cross-border deal in an emerging market and will result in combined revenues of about $13 billion. The acquired company will be renamed to "Bharti AirTel International BV". Zain's top executives will migrate to India and work out the integration.

This is also the largest overseas acquisition of assets in Africa by an Indian company, even though it does not cover the Kuwaiti company's operations in Sudan and Morocco.

With Zain Africa's 42 million customers, Bharti Airtel will have over 180 million subscribers, making it the world's fifth-largest mobile phone operator.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Re: AirTel is World's 5th largest mobile phone operator|Kuwait's Zain acquired for $1

WoW, Very nice. And I am one of those 180 million subscribers. 😀
    I think Airtel is the largest mobile phone operator in India, Is'nt it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iPhone 4 will be introduced in India by Vodafone in as early as July. The device is expected to be priced at about 40k. With all the zing to the...
Hi to all, let's start simple: what should I do if I wanted to play with a couple of AA batteries 1,5v and 1 or 2 supercap cell (2.7v each)...
how to open .drg files?
hi guys its my summer break and i was thinking of building something in vacations thought of building an electronic keypad lock i have just studied microprocessors course in this...
Java Programmer's Blog: A tricky program 2 to Java Beginners, Question:- You should bring the output by not modifying the main method,The output is "Great Java Programmer". class NMM //No...