Airtel 4G In Bangalore For iPhone 5 Series Users

iPhone owners in Bangalore using Airtel services now have a reason to smile not just because it's Valentine's Day, but they can use 4G on their favorite devices now. Airtel, India’s largest telecom service provider has launched 4G services in Bangalore on Friday for Apple iPhone 5C and 5S users. With this Bangalore has become first city in India to have 4G services.

Customers should replace their sim to 4G sim to avail the benefits of 4G. Also, customers will be enjoying 4G speed at 3G prices. Whereas, customers using 2G GPRS/data packs should opt for any of 3G plan/packs available to use 4G services. Customers requiring heavy data usage can opt for special 10Gb 4G data plan available at Rs.1,000. As announced by Bharti Airtel, with the use of Circuit Switched Fall Back (CSFB) technology, data browsing will be on 4G and voice calls would be on 2G/3G services.

4G
The 4G service would enable the prepaid and postpaid Airtel customers to stream High Definition video without buffering. Srini Gopalan, Airtel’s director for consumer business claimed that with 4G, user can download 10 standard movies in no more than 30 minutes. In a spectrum auction which ended on Thursday, Airtel won back 900MHz in Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai along with 1800MHz in 15 other circles. This move would force other telecom operators to speed up working for 4G in India. Reports suggest that Videocon, Reliance Jio and Idea would launch 4G in India in 2014.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    Its good to see Airtel taking a stem forward. But the problem with Airtel is they dont allow its users to switch from 2G to 3G and now its 4G.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    I don't get it... Why is the whole world so much internet speed crazy?? Does it really matter if you have to wait for 30 seconds so that your YouTube video buffers? Can't you have one little chat with a person standing next to you?? Can't you spare a minute more to admire your surroundings?? I think the internet was created to make a few resources available to everyone... This manic obsession with speed definitely defeats this purpose.... I think the person who needs internet most does not live in Bangalore but in some remote corner of North East India who wants to take his art to a bigger level...
  • Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    @#-Link-Snipped-# you are right that internet is created to few resources available to everyone but what's wrong if you are getting those resources more quickly and efficiently.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    what's wrong if you are getting those resources more quickly and efficiently.
    Nothing... Absolutely nothing.. However, I feel that the service providers have shifted from 'providing services to everyone' to 'catering to the whims of a small populace'... This would be like- making mineral water available to 10 persons to bathe in while rest of the 990 people wander in search of water.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# ISPs will do anything which gives them profit. Probably, when all service providers start 4G, few of them may provide 3G in N-E! As @#-Link-Snipped-# said, 4G is a leap forward in communication.
  • ravitheja.kv
    ravitheja.kv
    I have upgraded to a USIM 128k on a iphone 5. The network quality is not that great, They just provide you with higher bitrate on the regular 3G network.. it used to be abut 2.2 Mbps now its occasionally abut 3 to 6 Mbps thats the best i have got (they call this 4g) speeds are more like 3g+
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Well, though it doesn't sounds great, but you also can't compare it with the speed they get in US. What can you expect more at 3G price?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like Airtel 4G is a disappointment to a lot of customers from Bangalore. Anyone experiencing true 4G speeds in Kolkata, Bangalore or Pune?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BlackBerry has announced the launch of updated Blackberry Messenger for its Android, BlackBerry 10 and iPhone users. The updated messaging app will allow Android and iPhone users to make free...
Which of these Delays (Transmission Delay, Propagation Delay, Processing Delay, Queuing delay) depends on packet size in Packet switch Network?
Canonical & Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth announced that Ubuntu will migrate to systemd, moving on from their own Upstart init system. Upstart init daemon was written by former Canonical employee...
Many a times the internet seems to give you unsolicited advice. One the best examples can be found on Facebook or Quora where self proclaimed self help experts seem to...
i have samsung galaxy duos s gt-7562 older version of gt-7582.. it has icecream sandwich os.. it is slow in processing.. even battery discharges fast as 1500 mah..hardly it goes...