CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Naman Agarwal • 05 Aug, 2012
why there is air gap present in between rotor and stator in every machine??what is the significance of having this???..
@Prakash Parmar • 05 Aug, 2012 • 1 like The air gap is there so that the rotor does not touch the stator while rotating... and every motor has its individual significance of air gap... so just refer A.K. Shawney...
@Naman Agarwal • 05 Aug, 2012 • 1 like
Prakash Parmar
The air gap is there so that the rotor does not touch the stator while rotating... and every motor has its individual significance of air gap... so just refer A.K. Shawney...
nopes ..thats not the actual and exact answer..this is simply seen that it should not touch the rotor...but there is something diff reason...
@MOhammedD • 05 Aug, 2012 I think TO make The density of Flux Constant every where in Machine😀 Maybe
@Naman Agarwal • 06 Aug, 2012
MOhammedD
I think TO make The density of Flux Constant every where in Machine😀 Maybe
but flux density constant is always varying...sinusoidal waveform
@Prakash Parmar • 06 Aug, 2012 https://www.mediafire.com/?yneb694102ohl92
@Harish Sarma • 09 Aug, 2012 For the flux to be produced there must be air gap
@Naman Agarwal • 13 Aug, 2012
harishksharma
For the flux to be produced there must be air gap
reason???
@Saandeep Sreerambatla • 13 Aug, 2012 • 1 like When stator has the power supplied, Emf will be induced in the coils of the stator.
so air-gap is required for producing the magnetic field the flux which inturn rotates the rotor.

got it?
4.6k views

Related Posts

@Anand Vardhan · Sep 1, 2014

Finally got my internet back. Missed CE. 😐 I wanted to ask if anyone has heard about The Gate Academy? As I am thinking of joining some coaching institute for...
5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 23, 2014

Xiaomi, the company known as 'Apple of China' will introduce its entry level smartphones - Redmi 1S and Redmi Note in India on August 26. The company has sent out...
9.7k views

@Dipankar Ganguly · Nov 10, 2017

Overheating is a very common problem especially with aging laptops. It can create a lot of issues and interfere with its usage by abruptly shutting it down and in extreme...
4k views

@viswasknit · Aug 12, 2009

hiiiiiiii any one tell me, how can i develop a multilingual web application with JSP/SERVLET.Please answer me as soon as possible.......😁 viswas kumar email id
4.2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 23, 2012

Here is a list of project ideas related to Cloud Computing. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
17.2k views