AIR GAP B/W ROTOR AND STATOR

why there is air gap present in between rotor and stator in every machine??what is the significance of having this???..

Replies

• Prakash Parmar
    Prakash Parmar
    The air gap is there so that the rotor does not touch the stator while rotating... and every motor has its individual significance of air gap... so just refer A.K. Shawney...
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    Prakash Parmar
    The air gap is there so that the rotor does not touch the stator while rotating... and every motor has its individual significance of air gap... so just refer A.K. Shawney...
    nopes ..thats not the actual and exact answer..this is simply seen that it should not touch the rotor...but there is something diff reason...
  • MOhammedD
    MOhammedD
    I think TO make The density of Flux Constant every where in Machine😀 Maybe
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    MOhammedD
    I think TO make The density of Flux Constant every where in Machine😀 Maybe
    but flux density constant is always varying...sinusoidal waveform
  • Prakash Parmar
    Prakash Parmar
  • Harish Sarma
    Harish Sarma
    For the flux to be produced there must be air gap
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    harishksharma
    For the flux to be produced there must be air gap
    reason???
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    When stator has the power supplied, Emf will be induced in the coils of the stator.
    so air-gap is required for producing the magnetic field the flux which inturn rotates the rotor.

got it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

when a system is said to be stable according to control systems in terms ofpoles and zeros without referring imaginary axis?
what does a interview board expect from the candidate?? bunch of certificates or personality or answers to their questions what all do they expect??
Hiiii Evryone!!!!!! I m in final yr currently, I want latest cse updates.... I m not so talented, I want ur helps....😀
Hello everyone! I want to know that how can we step down 230V a.c to required voltage. Cell phone or laptop chargers do not have any transformer inside them. how...
I'm Prantik Chakraborty, B-Tech (civil) student. I want to clear Gate for Higher Studies in a good institution. I am expecting a lot of support from you all....