Aerospace takes to additive manufacturing

Quote:
Additive takes off: Aerospace manufacturers are increasingly using 3D printing for functional aircraft components.
When the Flying Test Bed A380 aircraft from Airbus hits the skies later this year, it will mark a major milestone in aerospace manufacturing.
That is because the Rolls-Royce Trent XWB-97 engine powering the aircraft will be equipped with the largest civil aero-engine component ever built using 3D-printing techniques.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai

Hai I'm BHARGAV K I have completed my B.E in ECE and now doing mtech in robotics.I find my interest in research on robotics
EngineerBabu is a web, graphics and app development company with a difference. Based out of Indore, Madhya Pradesh, this IT services firm was started by Mayank Pratap, a computer science...
Hi its bhaskar from chennai completed my civil engineering and working as junior engineer in phoenix hodu developers ltd
i am a 2nd year student. want to make a software which will work with internet connectivity. tell me which language is better and faster in working with internet. i...
Topic: Automatic vehicle smoke analyse Give me suggestion for this topic