KOTHANDARAMAN K
SHANMUGAM N
VIJAY KUMAR T
DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING
P.B COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
SRIPERUMBUDUR, CHENNAI-602117

โ€‹

ABSTRACT
Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) provides a pollution free electric power at a reasonable price and in an environmentally sound way. According to the earlier design of an AWT the aerodynamics was cumbersome to account for its efficiency. This paper explores the viability and implementation of various designs on turbine duct. This enhances the mass flow entering
the AWT and in turn the power extracted out of it. Keeping in mind, the cost, availability of abundant renewable resources and finally the power extracted, the design of AWT will prove to
be an efficient and emerging concept. Using the design and analysis software CATIA, ANSYS arrived at three basic designs and results obtained from our analysis, we conclude about the best model that could allow maximum mass flow.โ€‹

โ€‹

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : We choose this project to provide an innovative and emerging source to meet the power requirements in our country.wind energy is a renewable form of energy and has a future scope in developing nations.airborne wind turbine can extract more power compared to wind mills,approximately 3 times the power generated by wind mills. Moreover,the aerodynamic study on this type of wind turbines has not been concentrated much.All these reasons provoked us to start working on this project.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: P.B.COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
City: CHENNAI
State: TAMILNADU
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II Project Entry:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last month, Asus introduced the Fonepad 7 (FE171CG), which is a refreshed version of the 2014's Asus Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) and now the Taiwanese company has announced a brand new...
Remember the car from the movie 'Mission: Impossible-Ghost Protocol' that Tom Cruise drives through narrow Mumbai street? Well, the same BMW i8 has been officially launched in India at the...
Warm Greetings to all I'm new here but have been looking for a place to get some ideas thrown out there to hear what people think. There is no specific...
thnk you abhi for your hlp can u please suggest me sum good topics for my final year project as m a computer student of diploma ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›
There is a Free Webinar with convenient India Time. Quote: This two-part webinar will show attendees how to improve the specifications of a commercially available cell and simulate the performance...