Advice on UPS Calculation: Correct UPS sizing for a PA System

Hello Fellow Engineers,

I am having trouble coming up with the correct UPS sizing for a PA System.
Here are the specification.
Amplifier:
Battery power consumption-
Idle - 0.09A , Standby - 0.23A , Max - 13A
Main Power Supply-
Idle - 5w , standby - 13w , Max - 1000w

eg .I have a max loud speaker loading of 400W
i got 2 controllers with each controller consuming 48W.
Now it is fairly easy to just use the max wattage multiply by 1.25 to get the Kva. but however
i also have to take the following details into consideration:

Evacuation time = 1/2 hours
Paging time = 1/2 hours
UPS duration = 2 hours

how do i determine the correct battery capacity and UPS Size?
I thank you all in advance for your help.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : It is an alcohol detector circuit which sense the alcohol smell. If smell is not detected, vehicle work normally. And if alcohol smell is detected...
A group of physicists at MIT has developed a way to manipulate electron-light interaction in conducting sheets which may potentially upgrade the performance of solar cells. With this innovation, scientists...
The latest offering from iBall, iBall Slide 3G Q45i is a voice calling enabled dual-sim supporting Android tablet at a budget-price tag of Rs. 5,999. It bears identical features to...
In the later part of last year, at a startup pitch event on a Saturday evening, I heard a guy declare that he had received thousands of dollars in funding...
MIT, the University of Waterloo and the University of Southern California have collaborated to design a new quantum computing approach to handle big data. Complex topological systems are the key...