Advantages of using IoT platform (eg Thingspeak) over Mysql

I am using Thingspeak IOT cloud platform for storing and retriving the real time data. Creating own database through MYSQL is also suggested. Which is better? IOT cloud platform or MYSQL server.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal

I don't understand the comparison;
    From what I visualized in Thingspeak's website, it is an analytics tool with key CSPs. It means it's a product which may or may not contain mySQL or Kafka as backend.

While MySQL is database. You can do numerous things with it.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - It'd be nice if you could clarify what you wish to achieve and describe the problem a bit in more detail. 

• Raji Tamil
    Raji Tamil

IOT Platform is the best in retrieving and store data. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - that's a general statement; but I'm not sure what you are suggesting. How does IoT store and retrieve data? 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Assume that the memory system has 16 address lines denoted by A15 to A0. What is the range of address (in hexadecimal) of the memory system that can get enabled...
I need help to identify a graduate project in GIS
This instructable describes how to build a neck-through electric bass guitar with only a minimal number of electric tools.https://www.instructables.com/id/Neck-Through-Bass-Guitar/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email
As there are lot of people paying attention towards insurance of life insurance of car insurance of travel and much more...is it possible to give insurance to electronic appliances such...
We are new Start-up to built parking solutions and there are huge opportunities in this field at apartments, smart cities and commercial parking... But since we are new start-up we...