ADSL PPPOA frequent disconnection

hi all,
it's puzzle me when when i configure adsl modem with a PPPOA account and fix ip address, the account keeps disconnect but with the same link and modem, i change the configuration to the PPPOE account that randomly pickup the ip address, the link looks stable and can last for days.
has anyone have any idea about this ? tq

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    i am not too sure, but doesnot your ISP support PPPoa?
  • faizj
    faizj
    yup, the account and the fix IP address is provided by my ISP. but when, i remove the IP address and connected as PPPOE, it seems stable. that's puzzle me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Early morning, I read a nice article in News papers "Arrival of mini Ice Age" The article shown few facts and figures; like this year temp in Germany, Scotland, Siberia,...
Many of us are using credit cards in our daily lives (atleast I can safely assume that all working professionals are using it). Have you ever thought that why banks...
hi everyone, please tell me what are the advantages of using mosfet amplifier as compared to a linear amplifier in a practical electronics circuit. regards, aparna
suggest me topic for paper presentation,related to my branch i.e. petrochemical,topic can be on various modern techniques for extraction of petrochemicals from crude.
Liquid Web Launches New Cloud Hosting Product Storm On Demand! “Storm On Demand” Will Benefit Thousands of Businesses, Create 600 New High Tech Jobs in Michigan 01.11.2010 – LANSING, Mich....