Adding a Field to a Servlet Shopping Cart

We have a shopping cart that was set up by a consultant who is no longer available. We just have a new merchant credit card company who requires a three digit security code from the back of the credit card to be entered.

Unfortunately, we could not find the form on our server to add a field for the credit card into. Our shopping cart is written in servlet and can be found from the link below.

www.yutopian.com

We'll appreciate if someone can point us to the solution.

Thank you very much.

Sidney

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    A Good and tricky problem. Liked it. Well, I could not get access to your code so cannot tweak with it.

1. I guess you can do one thing -try it if it works. Create a new class that extends your old Servlet class and then override doGet() or doPost() method of it[whichever is used in your old code for creating the form]. Use super.doGet() or super.doPost() and the add your new fields code in it.

2. Other way is creating a new JSP(or Servlet) page and creating your entire code again in it. A worst solution for the problem.

3. One more way is there but can't say anything about it until I don't know how entire your shopping cart is coded.

Let me know, if it works 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone.. Thanks for all your supports so far. Does anyone know how i can start writing a software for Adaptive Filter using MATLAB? Or guid me to a direction?!...
Sir / madam, My question is Find the output of the following main() { int k = 5; if (++k < 5 && k++/5 || ++k <= 8); printf("%d\n", k);...
Google is advertising on Microsoft's Bing search engine 😁: A picture is worth thousand words: Source: TechCrunch
Google may launch the Chrome extension to everyone next week. Currently the extensions site is in private beta. Do you think Chrome Extensions will ensure a tough competition to Industry...
We all like to take photos. Photography is a skill and I believe with the right knowledge, everyone can learn to take great shorts. One of the most challenging task...