Actix Shortlisted for the Informa LTE Awards 2010

London, 6 May 2010 - Actix, the leader in Self-Organizing Network (SON) software solutions has been shortlisted for the ‘Best Enabling Product/Technology for LTE’ category for the Informa LTE Awards at the LTE World Summit in Amsterdam on 18 May 2010.

Actix has been shortlisted to attend the ceremony as a finalist for its contribution to automating network processes through its approach to Centralized SON (C-SON).

“We are very excited about being shortlisted for such a reputable award. Informa are well known and respected in the telecoms space and to be shortlisted alongside some great players in the market brings to light our expertise in automating network processes for LTE rollouts from design, to deployment and operation,” says Jeff Atkins, Vice President of Product Management at Actix.

C-SON automates performance engineering processes with centralized algorithms for self-configuration and self-optimization of the mobile network. The software automatically optimizes radio access network (RAN) configuration, allowing the network to adapt to changes, identify problems and resolve them, providing an excellent quality of service.

As well as providing savings in legacy networks, integrating SON into future networks is key to cutting OPEX costs by significantly reducing human involvement for network planning and optimization tasks and is a central element of the vision advocated by the 3GPP and the Next Generation Mobile Networks Group, enabling a new way of managing the performance and maintenance of the 4G RAN.

Actix has been shortlisted along with PicoChip, Cisco and Bridgewater systems. For more information about the LTE event, please visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HandBrake File Size: 4773 HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows. Ubuntu 9.10 For Ubuntu 9.10 deb Download (32bit) Download (64bit)...
Hi all, I am Hrishikesh, and I'm from Kerala, India. I am a Computer Science and Engineering Student. and I am happy that i got a place to share and...
Hello I am about to begin my major project and need some interesting ideas. Please help me. My guide is not very helpful and i want to take a sensible...
Yup, Im back baby. My love, my CE, Im here for you, I will never leave you ever again sweetheart. Ok, guys Im back on CE after 3 years of...
hey friends.. i got a problem.. somebody has hacked my gmail account. now i am not able to log in.. it happened today morning.. can anyone say what to do...