Acer One 10 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop Brings The Best Of Windows 8.1 At An Affordable Price

Acer India debuted their new creation Acer One 10 (S1001) as an Amazon India exclusive recently. This Windows 8.1 device works as a standalone tablet and when paired with its keyboard dock it transforms into a laptop giving you the best of both worlds. The Acer One flaunts a 10-inch HD (1280x800) multi-touch display. Computing firepower is provided by a 1.3GHz Intel Quad Core Baytrail Z3735F quad-core processor and you get the option of choosing either 1 or 2GB RAM to go with it. The Acer One boasts of dual storage, this means on the tablet you have onboard eMMC storage of 32GB and inside the keyboard dock you get a conventional 500 GB hard drive.

Acer One 10 (5)
Acer One 10 (2) Acer One 10 (6) Acer One 10 (7) Acer One 10 (8)

The Acer One borrows design schematics from Lenovo Yoga range of laptops and ups the ante with its unique hinge design. The Acer One operates in four modes, notebook, tablet, tent and display. The hinge design has a magnetic bar inside to guide users, and once in position two hooks hold the tablet in place. Even though its unnecessary Acer provides the product with a 2MP rear and 0.3MP front camera. Acer duly includes the Microsoft Instant Go feature that maintains network connectivity when the screen is off in standby mode, allowing the system to update things in the background, and keeping it ready to instantly resume.

In terms of connectivity, the Acer One 10 has microUSB port, micro-HDMI port, a microSD slot, two full size USB 2.0 ports, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and the obligatory 3.5 mm audio jack. Acer One 10 is powered by a 6000 mAh battery that recharges via microUSB port with the help of a 10W power adapter. Acer claims that the Acer One 10 lasts for up to 15 hours on standby. The 1GB RAM variant is up for sale at Rs. 19,999 and the 2GB RAM variant will go on sale later at an as yet undisclosed price. In terms of value for money, it offers a lot more than HP Announces Stream 11 and Stream 13 Windows Notebook PCs; Prices Start At $199 which costs about the same as the Acer One 10.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think the price of this device is pretty decent. The 2GB variant does not seem to be yet made available on Amazon India, but for Rs. 20k if we are getting a 2-in-1 laptop cum tablet (1 GB variant), isn't that something?

I've heard the 2GB variant will be priced at Rs. 22K.
    Couple that with 500 GB memory and a Quad Core processor. If I were looking forward to buy myself a new laptop, this would be on the top 3 on my list.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am doing project in image segmentation using isoperimetric partitioning. i dont know how to do this in matlab. kindly let me know if anyone know about this
The first working exoskeleton weighed almost 700 kg. Current ones are helping the disabled walk and be independent. Quote: Trends in sensors, power supplies, batteries, and other technologies are bringing...
Project Abstract / Summary : In this project we aims at controlling Home appliances via Android device using Wifi as communication protocol and Raspberry Pi as server system. We create...
ReNewIT offers some of the best variants of low cost, refurbished, second hand or used laptops to their customers. ReNewIT was co-founded by Mukund MS and Raghav Boggaram in the...
We had re-launched the best discussion of the month contest in December 2014 and we've thought of renewing it for the month of February. (December: https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...sion-of-the-month-contest-yep-its-back.77649/) Difference between Best Discussion...