Accessing parallel port with no dll

how can I access parallel port no using dll.And I can't use ddk for driver development(our instructor says).
platform:windows xp
language:cpp or c
Ide:visual studio
I lost my way in Beyondlogic – Electronics Hardware – Embedded Linux – Internet of Things and other sites.Anyone have any spesific research or road map.what must I do.

Replies

• harshharsh26
    harshharsh26
    Hey that's a problem,
    I had wasted my 2 years behind this and finally had to learn how to build Device Driver,

I dont think we can have any other alternative except to change the OS to ME or Win98...

I dont understand why u dont want to have a device driver,
    even the DDK kit is free of cost from microsoft...

Tell me if u find any other alternative(other than device driver and DLL)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Your instructor is an evil person. Maybe xheavenlyx can chip in his wisdom regarding parallel ports, soon..
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    lol, i knew you would be here ash.

And so very very true!! He is either evil or does not know what he is talking about. The later is a probable.

Tell your professor, why we use a dll is because wind00z does NOT allow you to access hardware directly. The dll is just a pass-through, its NOT a program. And if you are planning to make a device driver for parallel on winXP then we will pray for you.

And harshan is right, its easer to use Win98 or linux. so tell your professor to go online and learn to do what he tells you to, then he can tell you what is possible or not.
  • Karar
    Karar
    for accessing parallel port I must write a driver.if I use ddk and libraries and write a driver for parallel port,can anyone who doesnt install ddk use my driver.(os win xp).
    And is there any windows api for writing driver,for writing driver what must I do.do I have to use ddk.
  • Karar
    Karar
    xheavenlyx
    lol, i knew you would be here ash.

And so very very true!! He is either evil or does not know what he is talking about. The later is a probable.

Tell your professor, why we use a dll is because wind00z does NOT allow you to access hardware directly. The dll is just a pass-through, its NOT a program. And if you are planning to make a device driver for parallel on winXP then we will pray for you.

And harshan is right, its easer to use Win98 or linux. so tell your professor to go online and learn to do what he tells you to, then he can tell you what is possible or not.
    our instructor says "I want to see the code and access parallel port whatever you want you can do".I think I must write a dll(like inpout32.dll) or I must write driver with ddk(if use ddk can everybody use my driver).
    is there any relationship between dll and driver.
  • harshharsh26
    harshharsh26
    yes if u use a ddk any one can use the driver he just need to have the dll which is the o/p of ddk in the system32 folder and a Registry entry in windows registry

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi freinds i have 250GB sata hdisk.. i partitioned it with fat32... today i installed partition magic pro software..and checking it's functionality.. it ask me to restart..after restart my pc...
For many reasons, I want to switch my computer to linux. I saw there are different types, which one would you recommend me? I 'm interested on a version on...
I had two programs bittorent and limewire that stopped working on my windows. I've just found and installed another one, utorrent but it is blocked too. I think it's a...
hey guys im 17 and have been thinking about doing engineering now for about a year and i think its time i learn some of the basics before college!! i...
Hello CEans, I'm working as an automotive engineer in VietNam. I've intention to pursue a master course abroad. But I'm not sure where should I go for study (as cheap...