Absolute Zero - Engineering Humor @ −273.15°C : Introduction!

CEans,

We're totally excited and chilled to announce "Absolute Zero" - Engineering Humor @ −273.15°C : Our weekly comic strip!

Why a strip like this?

Well, we wanted to take a funny look at a profession or education which all of us have been a part of. Some of us practice it, some evangelize it, some have changed careers, but there is one truth - all of us will chuckle when we see an engineering-based joke. You can take an engineer out of engineering, but you can never take engineering out of an engineer.

What Absolute Zero will do is make you laugh, and we request you to look upon it with an open mind. There will be times where you feel that the noble profession has been made fun of - that is not that aim of the strip, at all. It's to give ourselves a relief from the phone reviews and CERN's latest experiments with the Hadron Collider and remind us of the lighter side as well.

Absolute Zero will be a weekly affair (we hope!) and will be published in this space. At times there will be stick figures, at times there will be properly drawn (well - as well as we can draw) characters, at times there will be single-panel comics and graphs as well - so there's lots of variety here - just like your 6th semester electives!

We hope you enjoy Absolute Zero as much as we enjoyed putting it together, and look forward to your brickbats and bouquets. We don't accept donations as of now, but feel free to send in your miniature van de Graaf generators.

Replies

• I_am_Kunal :)
    I_am_Kunal :)
    Please also connect the 4-5 teasers to this . 😀
    How do the first two teasers match to this ?
    I mean the name of the Strip is there in the teasers. But how could people guess it was about comic strip ? 😀
    People were scratching there heads over superconductors and what-not . 😏
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Totally excited about this new launch on CE.
    It was time we had a dedicated comic strip for all of us, crazy engineers.

It will be great fun to come back each week to see whats new from 'Absolute Zero'.
    Feel free to share these strips with fellow engineers.

PS: I agree you take away absolute zero from this. 😛 but then, thats the point.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Please also connect the 4-5 teasers to this . 😀
    How do the first two teasers match to this ?
    I mean the name of the Strip is there in the teasers. But how could people guess it was about comic strip ? 😀
    People were scratching there heads over superconductors and what-not . 😏
    😁 In tough times, we often don't look at the easy options.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The teasers should have helped members guess that a new feature called 'Absolute Zero' is being launched. The last strip should have enabled them guess that it's a comic. We'd discussed the launch of comic strip on CE, right? I'm surprised no one even thought of the launch of comic strip! 😁
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    The teasers should have helped members guess that a new feature called 'Absolute Zero' is being launched. The last strip should have enabled them guess that it's a comic. We'd discussed the launch of comic strip on CE, right? I'm surprised no one even thought of the launch of comic strip! 😁
    Rightu!!! But a good start guys!!! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, your comments on the strips are going to encourage us and motivate us to keep coming up with amazing strips!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    Yes we have discussed about CE Comic strips many times. But I didn't expected that a new forum would be launched specially for them. It's really a surprise 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Why, I was the closest. I said you are *joking*! Give me my *seriously* earned INR 500 straightaway 😁
  • I_am_Kunal :)
    The_Big_K

True. But most of us were thinking that 'Absolute Zero' would be a 'Property (Philosophy)' and not a 'Proper Name (Philosophy)'. That is where we went off the track in the first place. 😉 .

You are right about the last strip , but it came in too late. In short the puzzle was too difficult to crack. 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It wasn't a puzzle at all. I'd agree that the oldies here should have guessed it. I knew we didn't give out direct hints; but it's all meant to be fun. Serious competitions would soon follow. Be ready; you'll love them! 😀
    Congoz to Issue!!! The Prize Winner! 😛
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Superb Job Admin. 👍
  • lal
    lal
    Do you accept nuclear reactors too..? 😛 I have one set up 😁 sending it
  • vinci
    vinci
    congrats to all CEians for inauguration of the comic
  • Harish Kotra
    Harish Kotra
    No one expected this but from that guessing thread one thing is clearly evident. People want something else more but this is something else 😀

Good idea to keep CE on the high always. But that guessing thread needs to be looked at once again for any future ventures 😉
    Harish Kotra
    No one expected this but from that guessing thread one thing is clearly evident. People want something else more but this is something else 😀

Good idea to keep CE on the high always. But that guessing thread needs to be looked at once again for any future ventures 😉
    Continuing, so that the best guess with feasibility is awarded again with 500 INR! 😁
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Gud Job...awaiting to see weekly updates...😀
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    "You can take an engineer out of engineering, but you can never take engineering out of an engineer."
    Very much true Big_k 😀
  • lalit.joshi
    lalit.joshi
    cool... m joining CE now but really excited for absolute zero concept, m very happy and will surely try to put some jokes.🎉
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Is absolute zero closed?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Is absolute zero closed?
    It's on halt for few days.
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's on halt for few days.
    why? i look forward to this every week.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Frankly speaking, the budget doesn't allow us to keep AZ going. There are two ways to deal with it -
    • Everyone contributes to a monthly fund to keep AZ going.
    • Everyone works towards bringing more traffic to CE by creating interesting discussions, informing friends and making sure that we keep on getting fresh content every hour. That should help us attract more advertisers and pay for AZ.
    Which option do you think works?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Both are feasible in my sight. But having a section Defunc is not a real nice thing for any fora
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    the second option seems more feasible . but what i don't understand is why does AZ require financing. isn't it just another section in CE, with the exception that only chuck is allowed to post there ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    the second option seems more feasible . but what i don't understand is why does AZ require financing. isn't it just another section in CE, with the exception that only chuck is allowed to post there ?
    Chuck's work is creative and he does it for a fee.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I'll try to login via facebook and see if I can share some of AZ on it- or is that allowed?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chuck's work is creative and he does it for a fee.
    Big Guy then Why not remove this section or do some thing so that it does not goes Defunc that is not so good for CE you know it right ???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We are hoping to activate Absolute Zero soon, provided the finances are worked out. The decision on the future of AZ is currently 'on hold'.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    So, any updates?
  • abhijit basak
    abhijit basak
    Good morning all ........
    waiting for all of you
    Herbal tea with T-scale stirrer ...... from engineers point of view

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineering is incomplete without the final year projects. Absolute Zero's comic take on how a typical final year engineering project evolves.
I am trying to run the CXF-Rest Services in Jboss6. Application was deployed successfully , when i try to run i am getting following exception No message body reader found...
Neozion 2012 is a Technical Festival organized by Chaithanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad. Neo Zion is technically derived from the greek words- Neo and Zoi; meaning new life. That...
Prayudh 2012 is a National Level Technical Symposium hosted by Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology department of Panimalar Institute of Technology. It is the first edition of Prayudh, and...
Solutions 2k12 is a Technical Fest organized by Army Institute of Technology, Pune. AIT, known city wide for its exemplary fest brings yet another year of adrenaline rush, an era...