About VHDL

Hi mates
Anyone tel about VHDL.Why we use this language rather than C and other programming language.

Cheers
Rasu

Replies

• shahrul
    shahrul
    Re: Hdl

I don't know why, it's depends on the device. VHDL language for FPGA (Xilinx or Altera) and C language for microcontroller (PIC). Depends on the vendor.
  • rasu3045
    rasu3045
    Re: Hdl

Thanks Sharul.
    Can you tel about ASIC also.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    ASIC is not a language, it's application I think. That ASIC use Verilog language or VHDL language. Just view on wikipedia.
  • selva1988
    selva1988
    shahrul
    ASIC is not a language, it's application I think. That ASIC use Verilog language or VHDL language. Just view on wikipedia.
    ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) is a type of integrated circuit in VLSI. Here the IC can designed for our ideal operations and no restrictions such that we have in FPGA, processors, controllers..

rasu3045 first understand about VLSI. It wil help you much better.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I tried to pull-down some device to 0V. First, using transistor, it's successful. Then I need to interface more than one device, I using ULN2803, but there is a small...
how rotating field is produced in induction motor...and how torque is produced when this rotating field interact with rotor 's magnetic field
Microsoft Windows Official blog post says that 6 months after its debut, Windows 7 operating system powers more than 100 million personal computers globally. That's more than 10% of world's...
Sir, I am working in formaldehyde plant. I want to know on the aspects I need to concentrate and the queires asked in the interviews.
I am a student of B tech, 3rd year in computers from USIT (GGSIPU) new delhi. I am looking for 2 months summer training but unfortunately in any industry or...