About Scope in Web Development

Dear Sir
I have completed my engineering in computer science and i have major inclination towards web development as a PHP Developer. I want to know about scopes in php and other web development area. Also should i learn some courses further to draw good salary in php development. Or i should go for Big Data course?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PHP is used by, if I'm not mistaken, over 80% of the websites on the Internet and the list includes majority the big websites. The only key is that you need to be an expert in PHP to get good jobs. I've been let down by so many PHP developers that I ultimately decided learning PHP on my own.

Big Data is an entirely different domain and can be learned in parallel with PHP. Have you applied for any PHP jobs yet? What were the problems you faced?
  • Koustubh Muktibodh
    Koustubh Muktibodh
    Good Morning Sir
    Actually I am searching for jobs as a PHP developer, but unfortunately I am not getting any job and few companies are offering very low salary. So, I am deciding now to relocate pune for software testing course. Am I doing right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Koustubh Muktibodh
    few companies are offering very low salary.
    Your first priority should be to get a job and not worry about salary. You need to build experience and matching skills-set in order to be able to get a better job. Many people start very small and then grow phenomenally in their careers. You need to decide whether you want a career as a software developer or as a QA engineer and then make decision accordingly.

PS: I'd recommend that you should sign-up on #-Link-Snipped-# which is getting a dedicated application to help with career related questions, privately with experts.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Many people start very small and then grow phenomenally in their careers.
    I agree.

It is very easy to be disheartened by low salaries. I guess a salary is often taken a measure of self worth - not true in all cases.

My first job as an engineer paid me less than my cook. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Swipe Technologies has launched its brand new X703 tablet successor as a Snapdeal exclusive product. The Indian telecom start-up has crafted innovation over technology based sculpture. In the official launch...
Hello crazyengineers members, I hope I'm posting this question on the correct thread. I want to start my own custom motorcycle project, and I want to use software to draw...
A wheel having 50 mm diameter and the shaft dia is 15 mm and length of the shaft is 75 mm.The width of the wheel is 20 mm.Please let me...
I wish to know whether we have any folks who have their starups running from colleges. Anyone? Tell us about your starup in this thread 😀
The evolution of species has taken different shapes in different forms. Habits, environmental elements, adaptive methods had taken long time to converge and get a compatible guise inside the genes....