About Mobile Tower Capicity...

I'm a communications engineering student and wish to know a bit about mobile tower capacity. Can someone tell me how many calls are handled by a mobile tower at a time, simultaneously?

Replies

• crook
    crook
    It seems that our forum is struck with low activity virus 😔. Such questions should not remain unanswered for long time. Telecommunication engineers, where are you?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crook
    It seems that our forum is struck with low activity virus 😔. Such questions should not remain unanswered for long time. Telecommunication engineers, where are you?
    Yep. Surprizing! I'm 100% sure that we have at least 50 telecom engineers.

We need more activity on forums for the people to keep coming 😉

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    A mobile tower capacity depends on the microwaves for a 0.8m the distance covered is 1km. number of calls depends on the free bandwidth available at a given point of time. I think experienced persons will be able to elaborate more on this.
  • Nickhouse
    Nickhouse
    It depends if the R/Ts are fitted with a masthead amp.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    What I believe is this, A typical MSC can handle 5000 simultaneous calls,and aound 2 lakh subscriber.
    The QUESTION asked is in a bit wrong way?

It should be a:::::::::::
    Mobile N/w system can carry how many calls at a perticular REAL TIME?
  • sniper
    sniper
    he has asked abt the tower not the MSC buddy !
    How many suscribers can be accomodate by a single BDS in real time ?
    i guess this would be da question !
    Please Reply
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I read somewhere that a single typical Base Transciever Station can hold up to 30 channels. So if all are used for voice calls, then the BTS can hold 30 simultaneous calls. Of course, in very densely populated areas, you'd have more BTS packed in the area 😉

Also, different mobile operators may use different configurations on their BTS's. Usually a BTS would use FDMA (frequency division) and TDMA (time division) methods for it to simultaneously communicate with different mobile users.
  • Kibacha
    Kibacha
    A typical MSC can handle 100,000 cellular subscribers and 5,000 simultaneous conversations at a time, while accommodating all billing and system maintenance functions, as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey ce'ans !!!😛 i think threads like analogies in gre wud be far more effective😁 if those posting the questions can answer it by giving reason as to why tat...

F1

we should have a thread on F1... i didn't saw any.... Isn't there any F1 lover,........ If then you predications that who will win this years championship... Shumi.. or Alonso//...
Hello CEans! The schedule is final! We will have our first CE conference on September 9th, 2006 at 5:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time. The conference will be hosted on Zoho...
You are on the panel for selection of candidates.Rather lets take it this way - You are a senior responsible person for assinging the promotions.At present you have two people...
Intersting Observation. With around 254 votes, we have following statistics for CE forum ! Aeronautical Engineers: 1.6% Chemical Engineers: 3.9% Civil Engineers: 3.1% Computer Engineers: 31.5% Electrical Engineers: 12.2% Electronics...