CrazyEngineers
  • I'm a communications engineering student and wish to know a bit about mobile tower capacity. Can someone tell me how many calls are handled by a mobile tower at a time, simultaneously?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • crook

MemberAug 29, 2006

It seems that our forum is struck with low activity virus 😔. Such questions should not remain unanswered for long time. Telecommunication engineers, where are you?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 31, 2006

crook
    It seems that our forum is struck with low activity virus 😔. Such questions should not remain unanswered for long time. Telecommunication engineers, where are you?
    Yep. Surprizing! I'm 100% sure that we have at least 50 telecom engineers.

We need more activity on forums for the people to keep coming 😉

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • integratdbrains

MemberSep 5, 2006

A mobile tower capacity depends on the microwaves for a 0.8m the distance covered is 1km. number of calls depends on the free bandwidth available at a given point of time. I think experienced persons will be able to elaborate more on this.
    Cancel
  • Nickhouse

MemberOct 20, 2006

It depends if the R/Ts are fitted with a masthead amp.
    Cancel
  • just2rock

MemberJul 1, 2007

What I believe is this, A typical MSC can handle 5000 simultaneous calls,and aound 2 lakh subscriber.
    The QUESTION asked is in a bit wrong way?

It should be a:::::::::::
    Mobile N/w system can carry how many calls at a perticular REAL TIME?
    Cancel
  • sniper

MemberJul 1, 2007

he has asked abt the tower not the MSC buddy !
    How many suscribers can be accomodate by a single BDS in real time ?
    i guess this would be da question !
    Please Reply
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJul 28, 2007

I read somewhere that a single typical Base Transciever Station can hold up to 30 channels. So if all are used for voice calls, then the BTS can hold 30 simultaneous calls. Of course, in very densely populated areas, you'd have more BTS packed in the area 😉

Also, different mobile operators may use different configurations on their BTS's. Usually a BTS would use FDMA (frequency division) and TDMA (time division) methods for it to simultaneously communicate with different mobile users.
    Cancel
  • Kibacha

MemberApr 7, 2009

A typical MSC can handle 100,000 cellular subscribers and 5,000 simultaneous conversations at a time, while accommodating all billing and system maintenance functions, as well.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register