'Aam Aadmi Party' - The Startup In Politics

Looking at the performance of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi elections, I believe we can very well treat it as a startup in the domain of politics. AAP began with funds collected from believers and launched at the time when the markets needed a political alternative badly. They were directly challenging the status quo - and that's why the party chief Arvind Kejariwal decided to fight election directly against the Chief Minister Sheila Dixit.

They didn't 'win' the election; but have made a dent in the politics in Delhi. What else are the lessons startups can take from AAP?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's pattern of all political start-ups which triggered by a social movement. They got full support from people.
    But, unfortunately most of them now corrupted (Mulayam singh, Lalu yadav from JayPrakash movement).
    Let see what will happen to AAP. Difference is,There are educated people in AAP and media is now bigger than those days.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Educated people may mean sophisticsted scams that may go undetected for a long time. We are paranoids you see.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes,People need to evaluate their performance first.
    It's good for them to sit in opposition first then form the government. But they are seems to forcing re-election which means AAP will get majority.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whenever we talk about a better bike design; the most ignored part is the pedals. The cyclists may know that it's a very important part of the bike and we...
So, today I woke up thinking about the most creative, fun and interesting ways to hire people for a startup or a big company and started browsing about it. I...
iBall has been steadily launching a host of new smartphones in the Indian market. The latest entry from the company is iBall Andi 5.5N2 Quadro - an Android 4.2 Jelly...
Qualcomm today announced a new 64-bit chipset for mobile phones that are high-volume and entry-level. Called the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, here we have a chipset developed using the 28nm process...
I've just gone through a post on businessweek.com and I was surprised to hear about it. Microsoft's Apple Investment: The Worst Deal of Them All? What do you think about...