A sweet trouble...!

Imagine a girl has a magic basket and the rule is that once something is dropped into it, it doubles the number and once something has been withdrawn, the left out amount again doubles.๐Ÿ˜’

now she decides to visit her 3 favorite nieces and sets out with some sweets in her hand for them
then she drops those sweets into the basket.
now the rule is all the kids must get an equal amount of sweets.
and at the end of the distribution to the three kids nothing must be left in the basket.

find how many sweets she had initially and how many she gave to each kid.....
;-)

Replies

• yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    she drop 1 sweet....

then according to rule it get double i.e 2 sweets

now she withdraw 1 sweet and by rule left out becomes double i.e now 2 sweets in basket and 1 in hand..

hence she had 3 sweets and she will give 1 to each ...
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hey yadav your answer is right.๐Ÿ˜€
    but there seems to be something important i left out....๐Ÿ˜’
    sorry for that.....
    what i had left is that once you withdraw something that withdrawn amount must be given to only one person but what you have done is in the last step you took out 2 sweets to distribute to 2 kids.
    so now given this condition try solving it this way.....๐Ÿ˜
    hope i haven't confused you..๐Ÿ˜’
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    She had 3.5 with her initially..

Then in basket it will be 7.
    Then she will give 4 to 1st kid so in basket count is 3 which gets double i.e 6 . Again she will take off 4 from it and will give it to 2nd kid.so now count in basket is 2 which gets doubled i.e 4 .And in end she will take off all 4 sweets for last kid.

Right????
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    ya you are right but in order to have answers in integers it would be wise to start with 7(3.5*2) and so distribute 8(4*2) to each kid right?๐Ÿ˜
    any way you were awesome.๐Ÿ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes the answer is 7 and 8!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have made a project in dotnet on online movie rental on the lines of movie mart website I have my presentation on that and viva Can you please post...
hi this video will help you to understand the basics of DBMS [youtube]EUzsy3W4I0g&feature=related[/youtube]
Hello guys I read yesterday that angular acc at driveshaft is related to angular acceleration at wheels as: ang acc (d) = ang acc(w) x N Where N is final...
Please help me Can any one give me a link to free download of this book R. H. Cannon, Dynamics of Physical Systems, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1967.
public class B { public int add() { return 011; } public static void main(String[] args) { B b1=new B(); System.out.println(b1.add()); } } the output is 9, how it will...