A Story about using Lisp in a Startup Company

This is an interesting article I found in MIT open course ware.

Majority of the programmers look at LISP as "a weird AI language, with a bizarre syntax full of parentheses". I partially agree to that view 😛

In this article, Paul Graham tells how he used LISP in his startup venture in a time of high competition, and succeeded.

Moreover the article gives insight into the following quote by Eric Raymond:

"Lisp is worth learning for the profound enlightenment experience you will have when you finally get it;
that experience will make you a better programmer for the rest of your days, even if you never actually use Lisp itself a lot."

Although I'm still skeptical about LISP, I leave you with the article to be analyzed 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Prezi, the cloud based presentation service had a server breakdown, leaving a lot of users helpless for about 2 hours. Prezi claimed that it managed to bring half of the...
Google+ What’s Hot, Ripples & Creative Kit – New Features Introduced - CrazyEngineers Dell Latitude ST Tablet Specs Released. Windows 7 & Intel Atom Stuff. - CrazyEngineers Kobo Vox Launched...
Evolutionary psychology takes as its starting point the uncontroversial assertion that the anatomical and physiological features of the human brain have arisen as a result of adaptations to the demands...
Dear Sir/Madam, I (srinivas) bought a 8 GB sony company pendrive. I am unable to copy 4gb data. Please help me how can i copy the same. Srinivas
i m a new member and want to make a working RC helicopter but hve no idea about its aerodynamics,control,balance,mechanism etc. can u please help me 😔 m ready to...