A solution to Timoschenko & Young.

Well friends, though i am a software engineer and i love it, i do miss one subject very much- Applied Mechanics. Maybe it was because i had a special knack for it. Now most of my friends usually hated mechanics. Most engineering students usually need to go through Timoschenko and young as part of their syllabus and are usually very afraid of it. Moreover the solutions that i managed to find were not very sound or clear.

How about having our own set of free solutions of Timoschenko and Young?? Or for that matter any other mechanics questionnaire?? Maybe if we do get together and do it, it won't take much time, and CE would have its presence felt. What do u say _k?? And this would surely add to the popularity of CE.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahul, I'm always game for everything that adds value to CE.

[ps: You'll have to excuse me here. I've no clue about Timoschenko and Young]
  • mahul
    mahul
    I was expecting something of the sort....
    well _k can u remember which book u followed for ur applied mechanics course??
    Well there was another book whose problems were very good(i forget the name, i will check out).
    Guys anyone who is game to solve some apmech problems??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's great. I got it now. It would be a fantastic thing! Mahul, go ahead and start threads in mechanical engineering section.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    In their first general year, students in my uni would only go through Statics (yucks!) and Dynamics. Only those planning to major in a mechanical related subject would continue with the applied mechanics stuff.. eg fluid mechanics.

For the statics and dynamics, we used the books by Hibbler ๐Ÿ˜€

EDIT: Forgot to add, good work Mahul! Hopefully those solutions would be very beneficial ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i wanted to known about six stroke diesel engine
can anyone suggest me a specialized project??
Hi,๐Ÿ˜Ž Is Pulsar 180cc a sports bike,cruiser or what? And How is the bike compared to Pulsar 150cc? Is it good bike in terms of fuel economy? Can anyone in...
hello all...myself gurveer sandhu... m doing mechanical engg from punjabi university, patiala...
Hi ๐Ÿ˜€ I am newbie here.I am from Calcutta and I work a sales executive in calcutta. Am I welcome here?