A Sensorless Direct Speed Control for Brushless DC Motor Drives

Project Abstract / Summary : Permanent magnet brushless machines are extensively used for servo derives, ship propulsion systems, traction drives, computer, automatic office machine, robots for automation of manufactory, drives of many electronics and minuteness machine. BLDC motor has better efficiency, higher torque density,lower cost and simpler structure, comparing to BLAC motors.
To alternate the function of brushes and commutators, the BLDC motor requires an inverter and a position sensor that detects rotor position for proper commutation of current .Due to the problems of the cost and reliability of rotor position sensors, motivated research in the area of position sensorless BLDC motor drives has been going on and to provide effective speed control.
This project is to develop a control electronic for a speed control forBLDC Motor in low cost to improve the performance .Normally the BLDC motor is directly driven using three phase pulsated dc supply, because of this the speed control output will not be smooth, and same time due to three pair of switching inverter, produce more switching loss and hardware cost is high .So we are going to use Six-Switch inverter with added capacitor to invert Single phase to three phase inverter.
The proposed sensorless strategy is based on rotational speed control of stator flux linkage. By assuming the amplitude of stator flux linkage to be fixed, the rotational speed of stator flux linkage affects the electromagnetic torque.
An increase in the rotational speed of stator flux linkage leads to a raise in the electromagnetic torque. On the other hand, by reduction of the rotational speed of stator flux linkage, the electromagnetic torque decreases. Thus, motor speed can
be regulated by controlling the stator flux rotation speed.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I am intrested in electrical machines and that too in recent times the speed control for bldc cost is high.so that to decrease the cost of instrument i choosen this project.I am from electrical side so i choosen the machines as my project domain and after that i gradually increased my intrest in knowing about the motors i decided to do the project in machines

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: manakula vinayagar institute of technology
City: puducherry
State: puducherry
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The growing number of restaurants and population of restaurant have emphasized the need to enhance the working of hospitality industry. This system aims at improving...
Project Abstract / Summary : Objective of this project is to protect the people from accident while driving on bike with the help of electronic sensors in automatic manner.Rider need...
Ever since mankind has started exploring the Red Planet, it has found the need for a sustainable power source. Harvesting energy in outer space has always been a challenge being...
Project Abstract / Summary : In this investigation a study is carried on fly ash as cement replacement matrerils in concrete with addition of polypropylene fiber. The cement replaced by...
D-Link Corporation, globally known for manufacturing networking equipments and providing solutions to both consumers and business markets, has launched its new tablet called ‘D-Link D 100’ for the first time...