A Raghuram Rajan-Narendra Modi team can be good news for India

(Sent by J.Shivakumaran)

QUOTE:
One is amused and yet troubled by the recent media discussion on the non-issue of whether Raghuram Rajan will continue as RBI Governor in case a Narendra Modi government takes over. This is a non-issue because whether we look at the matter from Modi's point of view or Rajan's. Their staying together is such an obvious win-win outcome that it is a no-brainer. Indeed,the two are made for each other and the country badly needs both of them.

Read more at: A Raghuram Rajan-Narendra Modi team can be good news for India-Politics News , Firstpost
Endquote

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think he will continue; because my little analysis shows that there's nothing much he (or anyone occupying his seat) can do in current scenario. A strong government itself would send out a very positive signal in the markets. While I strongly oppose 'globalisation', I sincerely hope that the next government will work on boosting the manufacturing segment in India. India once accounted for 33% of the world's trade and now we're on the closer size of nada.

Manufacturing and exporting is bound to generate a ton of jobs for both skilled and non-skilled Indians in the next ~2 years. If Modi makes it to the PM's post with 272+; I expect a lot of revamp in the defense segment.

Plus, I believe the railways can help boost India's economy in big time! Let railways be operated in the public-private partnership and allow private railways to run on the tracks.

If Modi (272+) is what we're going to have; I'm 100% confident that the economy is going to get back on the track in just a few weeks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Norway gets the crown for having the first building in the world that is energy positive - aka the building that produces more energy than it consumes. The building (pictured...
Karbonn Mobiles has now officially launched its new smartphone called the 'Karbonn Titanium Hexa'. Back in March this year, the company had unveiled the Titanium Hexa along with its Octane...
We're looking to work with a talented PHP developer who satisfied following criteria- Knows PHP very well. Has sufficient familiarity with MVC architecture Has built php projects of medium to...
Quote: A team of researchers primarily from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), and Stanford University has shown that transfusions of blood from young mice have reversed some of...
BlackBerry’s attempt at revival finally has a launch date. The BlackBerry Z3 Jakarta Edition will go on sale for customers in Indonesia from 15th of May. BlackBerry had teased the...