A question on mirror reflection.

Hi friends,

Imagine you are stading in front of a mirror,facing it .Rise your left hand. Rise your right hand . Look at your reflection when you rise your left hand your reflection raises what appear to be his right hand .But when you tilt your head up, your reflection does too, and does not appear to tilt his/her head down. Why is it that the mirror to reverse left and right not up and down?

😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mirror isn't 'reversing' the image; its just reflecting light in straight lines. That's why it doesn't flip images vertically.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    You are absolutely right biggi, A mirror image is a reflected duplication that appears identical but in reverse. As an optical effect it results from reflection off of substances such as a mirror or water.

More information can be found at: Mirror Image

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi! i am new to CE! Can any one suggest me A neural net based Lego mini project that can be implemented using Lego RCX Kit, i use java Lejos...
Twitter's gone whacky. There's a bug with Twitter (update: fixed now) that can force any account to follow you 😀 When you tweet in the following format: accept accountname ,...
If you are a student, and staying out of the luxurious confines of your home, then at some point or the other one might have been caught up in the...
objective bits of electrical engineering links please send me mail to shasi.eee@gmail.com for preparation of govt sector
Since last few weeks, there is no significant contribution from CE oldies like sauravgoswami, mayurpathak Sire, silverscorpion, godfather, ash, gohm, raj87verma88, shalini_goel14, Durga and few others (I jotted down names...