A project for machine elements

I (badly) need creative ideas for my project in machine elements (kinematics).
We are required to build a simple machine or combination of mechanisms.

Our project must have at least two of the following:
Quick-return mechanism
Four-Bar Linkage
(Crank-Rocker, Drag Link, Parallel, Non Parallel Four Bar)
Toggle mechanism
Slider-Crank mechanism
Oldham Coupling mechanism
Scotch Yoke mechanism
Straight Line mechanism
Intermittent-Motion mechanism
Universal Joint mechanism
Parallel Mechanism mechanism
Elliptic Trammel mechanism
Flexible Drives

Do you have any suggestions?
Or kindly help me with whatever you can. I will be very grateful to you. :smile:

It should be simple and easy to make 😁

Replies

• Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    why dont you try to make a horizontal shaping machine model? If I remember correctly, it will use slider crank + quick return mechanism (assuming that power comes from a rotating motor and the shaping tool head return must be faster than the cutting shot) atleast, if not more. And for the mechanism details plz remember that east or west, Google is the best πŸ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am a final year BE student in CSE dept. .I too am a computer fanatic .Can someone please provide me some mini project ideas that can be accomplished...
TechM CEO, Mr. Sanjay Kalra has resigned from his position. September 15th will be Sanjay's last working day in TechM. Vineet Nayyar, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, will take over...
Is it possible to encrypt data using private key and then, decrypting it using public key.If yes, how??
πŸ˜• How to install turbo c++ in ubuntu, i have installed dosbox, but am not able to install c, please suggest!
i want to know about the solar seeker, if u know any websites , help meπŸ˜”