A problem of weight

In my neighbourhood lives a man who weighs 200 pounds. He has two sons. They both weigh 100 pounds each. On a festival day they decide to go across the river on a boat to visit some relations. But the boat could carry a maximum load of only 200 pounds. Yet they managed to get across the river by boat.
How did they ?
:sshhh::sshhh:

Replies

• vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    May be by two boats 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think this is easy -

Let's say their names are A (200 pounds), B (100 pounds), C (100 pounds). Now to cross the river -

1. B & C cross the river: A || B,C
    2. B comes back : A,B || C
    3. A crosses the river B || A,C
    4. C comes back: B,C || A
    5. B & C cross the river: || A,B,C

Done
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    You know the answer very well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Suspect Name: My name is Izhar! But.. iAstro will do! 😀 Suspect's Learning Field: Electronics & Telecommunication! 😉 Tracked Location: Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India! Suspect's Occupation: I'm currently a student. Diploma...
Hi there, i have a DC device wich working on -48VDC (-41~-59 Volts). it's supplied by a rectifier (floating voltage of the rectifier is -54V). when the AC power got...
Hi I am a student of BSc Telecom Engineering. I believe that this site can be quite helpful in selecting my final year project. I am interested in projects related...
Official Website: BOSM 2010 | Annual Sports Festival of BITS Pilani About the BOSM (Taken from Official Website) - BOSM(BITS Open Sports Meet), the annual sports fest of BITS Pilani...
Hi am B.tech graduate from ECE i dont hav valid gate score to enter very good institution for M.tech