A Php Developer? Programmer or just a Designer?

Hello CEANs . I was learning Php from last year in a small web development company . And now from last two months I am working as a regular employee in the same company and started working on Live projects using wordpress .
during my training period I found php a easy to learn language and also developed some projects using php and sql (without any cms). but now these days the projects that company handover to me includes only Fixing designs and nothing more. I think if I will work 2 or 3 months more there I will turn into a Designer not a programmer. And even in Wordpress I found it nothing to do more with code you have to just copy paste & edit the already existing code.
And now I am getting afraid of my future in php. even some of my co-workers suggested me to shift to another language domain timely . I know I don't have much experience in php so I need valuable suggestion from the experienced programmers plz help me?????? totally confused!!!!

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    If they are not giving you code, why don't you research more about wordpress?

Try to learn how to develop plugins
    Because when you are a PHP developer then you will find almost everything you can think of already available on internet, now it depends upon you how you use that information and combine everything to form something that doesn't exist

For e.g I am a CRM Expert majorly vtiger, which is also based on PHP, and vtiger offers almost everything one needs to run a normal business operation, but one day I think of developing an enhancement through which user can send service contracts to clients and get them digitally signed and sync that copy both on dropbox and my google drive

Now this turned out to be something that is not available on internet, technology has grown to such an extent that whatever you think is already available now if you want to learn then try to identify problems and fix them that will give you an extra edge in market
  • Shashi Kant743
    Shashi Kant743
    Thanks for your valuable suggestion #Manish Sir

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Consider two files ,one has very less spaces between the text written on it,while one which has a lot of spaces between the text ,so how does the introduction of...
Project Abstract / Summary : Compressed air as a source of energy in different uses in general and as a non polluting fuel in compressed air vehicles.Air, which is abundantly...
Project Abstract / Summary : Project overview: “The Disabled Friendly Car” or “Project DC-1” is an attempt to develop a car for physically challenged drivers. The projects aim to design...
Hello all. I am very disappointed with such long pauses between intellectual discussions here on CE. Collectively we are more brainpower than we can handle. Sadly, we fail to recognize...
Apple too, is making a digital smart watch and Tim Cook is busy educating all the potential consumers how unique and breakthrough product it is. Like all of you even...