A Novel design of Capacitive Transformer

Project Abstract / Summary : The proposed micro transformer is based on polarization in dielectrics. It is a low expensive, small, lightweight, coreless, heatless, high efficiency transformer. It has variable output voltages with good current output. It is just like the conventional transformers but the number of windings is less and core is not used. It has only two terminals like diode. The both primary and secondary winding wires are made up of copper and coated by silica dioxide. The area of conductor determines the voltage induction and the dielectric medium determines the current output. Here silica dioxide is used as a dielectric medium because it has good permittivity. In this transformer the electromagnetic field is not created. The novel theory behind it is that wherever an alternating potential presents, a region is developed around it. This phenomenon can be named as Electro Tele Field (ETF). The dipoles are rotated due to the application of alternative voltage. The alternative voltage consists of positive and negative half cycles. During the positive half cycle, dielectric medium is positively polarized, and during the negative half cycle, medium becomes negatively polarized. Hence dipoles get rotated continuously. A continuity tester can detect that field. ETF can flow through conductors and penetrate in insulators. The paper explains the novel effect of alternative voltage on a dielectric medium. The main application is that the emf can be induced from one coil to another coil without electromagnetic field. It is hoped that the micro transformer will make a turning point in transformer usage.
[​IMG]

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : An accident made this innovation. one day i bought a continuity tester in front of the television picture tube, then the tester glows without any electrical contact. this incident makes me to do series of experiments on this process. i named it as Electro Tele Field [ETF]. The word Tele indicates television picture tube because very first time, this field was discovered in front of television picture tube so that the field is named as "tele field". At last i could find the reason behind that. By the application of this new theory, A novel core less micro transformer has made successfully.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Knowledge Institute of Technology
City: Salem
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

• HARSH004
    HARSH004
    nice

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Energy scavenging refers to the process of capturing, utilizing non-conventional source of energy and conserving the conventional energy for our future generation. This project proposes...
Project Abstract / Summary : We hope to present a fully automatic standby power management system for home appliances concentrating in stand-by mode power saving. Our goal is to predict...
Project Abstract / Summary : The prime objective of our project is to help the aged people which will enable them to control home appliances.Also monitoring of unauthorized persons can...
Hey this is Pinak Bhalerao. I am a 3rd year student from Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engg. My stream is Computer science. Technically though I can do a bit of...
Project Abstract / Summary : The main objectives of our project are: · To develop an automated system that enable proficient and effective detection of Cervical Cancer. · The algorithm...