A Note On Creating Resources

CEans, our #-Link-Snipped-# is growing rapidly with contributions from all of you. There are few things I'd like to highlight so that the Resources Section remains useful for everyone.

1. Please make sure that the 'Description' of the resource is detailed. Add as much 'relevant' information you can about the resource you are uploading in the description field. It makes your addon more searchable.

For example: If you've uploaded a University Question paper, just saying 'Question Paper' in the description won't do justice to it. Instead, write full description.

2. Do not add any material without ensuring the copyright of the book. If you obtained any book 'free of cost' from some website does NOT mean the book is meant to be distributed freely.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I would like to add that, It's better NOT to upload the ebook if you don't know under what license the book is written.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't know why are people so reluctant about writing good description for their resources. It's going to be useless if you don't describe what the resource is about. Do we really need to put 'limits' on everything?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    may be along with description , a specific user may mention the licence under which the resource is registered. That will be insightful for both MOD as well as the user who is uploading.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Avoid uploading any university's theory papers, just because no license is mentioned in it, doesn't make it opensource.

I will be deleting all resources which doesn't says it's opensource or free-share (GNU GPL licensed, Openbook licensed, etc. etc.)
    Resources with no license information will be deleted too, like it or not.

BTW, Biggie have CEOM-BANHAMMER. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : If the question papers are made available to the students - I think they can be shared without issues. If no copyright is mentioned - it'd mean that it can be shared without needing anyone's permissions.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : If the question papers are made available to the students - I think they can be shared without issues. If no copyright is mentioned - it'd mean that it can be shared without needing anyone's permissions.
    I am referring to theory papers. Eg : Princeton university, Illinois university theory papers.
    Question papers can be shared, no doubt.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Abhishek,

if the theory papers are non-IEEE papers like Elsevier ( they have simpler reuse terms and conditions) or published like white papers which are open for public, but openly published , then its ok I suppose. IEEE papers are generally copyrighted.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    durga
    Abhishek,

if the theory papers are non-IEEE papers like Elsevier ( they have simpler reuse terms and conditions) or published like white papers which are open for public, but openly published , then its ok I suppose. IEEE papers are generally copyrighted.
    Gotcha!

I think we need a detailed explanation on which resources can be uploaded in CE:Resources & which not.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    why I am not able to select entrance exam sestion papers section

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ahead of the 7th August Launch Event for the LG's flagship G2 Smartphone, LG Electronics has unveiled a line of premium cases Called the QuickWindow Case, LG says that this...
Getting increasingly tech savvy by the day, the Government of India has got the Ministry of external affairs launch a new mobile app called MEAIndia that lets users apply for...
i want to design Regulated and Variable power supply plz give me any link,pdf,book which give me full information about it from basics such as tramformers equation to all
Sony Xperia Z Ultra has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 46990. This 6.4" phone+tablet (aka phablet) will be available on eCommerce websites and retail stores...
Big science refers to the massive projects, globally funded and staffed, involving thousands of scientists, projects like the Big Haldron Collider. Small science is where one or two scientists plod...