A New Sub Forum or Sub Sub Forum for Web Development Stuffs.

Hi Admins,

I think it would be really nice to group all the web development and related stuffs in one sub forum, may be under CSE. I am right now collecting all the information possible for getting the maximum tutorials and planning to work out each and everything and provide a support too. Plus we can have some projects and quizzes, so that many others will also be benefited. What say?

By the way, I am in the final stage of my chat proposal, which is also a web development stuff. So we can integrate to the site. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Praveen: The chat project could be separate from what we've at the bottom of forum Index. It will have to support the vBulletin and we'll have to make sure that it's compatible with future versions of vB. Maybe we could have a separate chat page on CE.

A sub section is only introduced when there are enough threads related to a separate topic. There are many people who find it 'extremely' difficult to understand even the standard forum structures. We'll try to keep the sub-sections to minimum required. But that shouldn't stop you from creating tutorial and web development related quizzes.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Oki, then I will embed with the title WebDev: and post the tutorials... By the way, howz the idea, about the chat stuff? And at which num of posts will the URLs be available in Signature? At any point of time, will there be any image support in signatures?
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Hey I liked your idea Praveen.
    Admin I felt the need of something like table of contents or index. May be we can have one sticky thread where we can the have the list of all the tutorials and their actual links. This will facilitate searching the exact content.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Deepika Bansal
    Hey I liked your idea Praveen.
    Admin I felt the need of something like table of contents or index. May be we can have one sticky thread where we can the have the list of all the tutorials and their actual links. This will facilitate searching the exact content.
    We haven't had any tutorials as such yet. Once the tutorials are in place, we can definitely work out on making them more accessible. If we really get high quality original tutorials, we'll even form a section.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    OK. But can we such a thread for each section we currently have. I know we have even more than 2K threads in some sections. But still can we...?? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've implemented Google Search for overall forum search, which does a very good job of returning relevant results. If you wish to search a specific section, say CS/IT engineering section, you can go to that section #-Link-Snipped-# and simply click the 'Search Forum' option available just above the thread list, in the top right corner. It gives you option to 'Search Threads' and 'Search Posts' option.
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Good idea buddy ๐Ÿ˜€ but our Admin has a point .... I guess he is right
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    slashfear
    Good idea buddy ๐Ÿ˜€ but our Admin has a point .... I guess he is right
    Yeah, I agreed plus suggested another option too na! ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Rush for MBA is really a rush for big money. I am at a stage where I have to decide what will be my post graduation be in. Please...
INTECHXICATION: Experience Maharashtra's biggest ever ethical hacking workshop conducted in Intechxication 2011 under collaboration with AISSEC , IIT Kharagpur and Kyrion Digital Securities in 13th,14th and 15th of March. Get...
Company Name : MITSOL - Data Solutions (Welcome to MitSol Data Solutions - Data Redefined - Powered by CO.CC) Skill Set & Experience Needed : MCA Freshers Category of Job...
Hey friends EngineersGarage is conducting Training Camp on Embedded Systems for 45days. Check out for more details.
how about creating a separate section for skill development because we need skills like employment skills,soft skills etc........, we can post many advices for the students as we had experts...