A Mystery Gift : From CE: Coming Soon

Thanks to All CEans FOR your Support!

How it had all started!

It was only yesterday that I got a dream, a dream which enlightened my thoughts of doing something different than usual. A dream which came out of my mind and turned into virtual reality with an unusual gift, that I got as my birthday present from my beloved father.

The day had started very ordinarily like all the other days; I woke up from my bed and walked into the kitchen. My mother was preparing breakfast for my sister and my father getting ready for the office. Yesterday was my birthday which I didn’t celebrate as much as I do. I was alone in my home thinking, puzzled in a situation and unknown thoughts continued to hit my mind. I was pretty much bothered of what to do next. I was worried about my future, may be this is the passage everyone has to pass when they come out after completing their degree.
I stood alone thinking, until my sister came towards me and said “Did you check your birthday present?”

“Present”, I thought with surprise and asked her “where?” She pointed a box, which looked unlike from all the presents that I got for the rest of my life. Every year my father used to present me a gift which may be a bike, mobile or whatever. It used to be a gadget anyway and I thought that he didn’t purchase anything for me this year but he did. I was totally surprised and opened it with anxiety. It consists nothing but a small box, in fact a cube. A cube which had nothing inside but it looked different.

I checked it thoroughly and there was something written on it “A Mystery gift from your Father with love.” I felt very happy and my smile jumped from lips and continued to check it around with more care and anxiety of what it was.

It consists of a small LCD display on it and there’s manual inside the box. The manual reads “Wear it with care under restricted surroundings like at home under guidance of your parents or known individuals.” And there’s nothing written, telling the procedure of how to operate other than some symbol representing to wear it. Finally there was a line “Wear it for 9 - D experience of the future.” I was bewildered and I wore it over my head like a helmet but nothing had happened. I checked it again for a switch to activate it but I found none. I felt anxious and kept it a side, deciding to check it later.

I came back home late at night, very tired. I freshened up and sat on my bed to sleep but something flashed under darkness. I went to check it. It was radiating under darkness. I was attracted towards it. It was it, the cube; the mystery gift bought by father was glittering under the darkness. I lifted it with my arms, held firm and looked around it. The LCD display lashed on and it reads
“Welcome to my world.”

I was surprised when I wore it. I can see nothing for a second. There is a layer inside it and I felt something like vibrating sensation all over my head and I felt unconsciousness and I felt like I had been dragged on to the new world. It went all along…
9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… The numbers were counted followed by a flash.

Next day Morning…

I found myself sleeping in an awkward position when I woke up. I felt myself superb. The dream that I got was superb, last night. In fact it was not a dream, I suppose. It was it, yes, I felt like that I had been dragged down into the future or it’s just only a virtual reality.
I went towards the cube and checked it. The display was still displaying a message…

“WOW!”

It really had given me a message other than that, a message which really was required to be distributed all around the world. I thought of putting it on me again but it hadn’t worked. I went to my father’s shop and asked him about this.

“A Mystery will always remain as a mystery but the things that we learn during the efforts to conceal it holds the importance.” He said

Frankly, I understood nothing from his words. Wise people don’t talk directly I thought. I went back to the home and waited for the night to come to re activate it and to really know what it says. To inform you what it really was trying to say. To take you to the new world that had lot inside of it to teach and guide us as better people.

The clock ticked 10’o’clock. I kept it in the darkest place of my room. I turned all the lights off. I waited and waited for it. The clock ticked 11 now. I am still waiting for it. Another half an hour had passed by. Now my eyes were feeling little dozy. ‘Remain still’ I said to myself and to my delight it wasted no time to glitter and I rushed towards it.

“Welcome back again” it said.

With the world of delight I wore it over my head and again the vibration had started.

The numbers had started to count 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

“Welcome to the New World” It displayed and the story had started.

Note: The above content is not part of Story 😛

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The magic box kept me thinking "what is it?...what is next?...". And that's the best niche you can give to a reader. Waiting to read more. All the best. You style has improved I can see. 😎
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Thanks Anoop 😀

Every thing had been changed since when I first started to write this story and yes; it's improving every day and I can feel it too. "What is next?" - A Mystery, waiting...

Now the status: More than half of the work had been completed and I'm very anxious, more than anyone to present it but I'm afraid that it may take more time to perfect, than I thought.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    😁 The count Down had begun... ☕
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Are you going to post your entire story book here 😉
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Well, I'm anxious to ...

but I doubt whether anyone will have a look at it online because it's a 250 page thriller! 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Mr.Don
    Well, I'm anxious to ...

but I doubt whether anyone will have a look at it online because it's a 250 page thriller! 😀
    You writing a book?
    What's the subject of your story?
    I would suggest, you have it reviewed by a few trusted friends / people you know.
    Then, publish it! 👍
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Subject is already there in CE 😛

#-Link-Snipped-#

but everything will be changed!
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Mr. Don, you got talent and passion dude. 👍

PS: I request you, please don't <3> post your stories online. Have it published in a book instead. 😀
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    Are you sure Mr.Don
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    sowjitha
    Are you sure Mr.Don
    😀

Sure about what?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends. i got seat in MTECH EMBEDDED SYSTEMS in hyderabad. but i'm having a hearing problem. i really want to do this.but sometimes i am worried if it is...
hello friends can anyone pls let me know which mtech ECE course has more theory than programing. pls reply soon friends really urgent. thankssss
CEans, We know you are awesome. Here's Grand Quiz Question for 15 CE Coins 😀 - It's just the alphabet from galaxy, Commander K!. Give me the correct letter in...
Simple Steps to be followed for Appling Online 1. Please check the eligibility criteria. 2. Check the fee schedule and prepare a Demand Draft in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable...
LIST OF CITIES FOR ONLINE EXAMINATINON FOR B.E. /B. TECH ONLY Online examination will be conducted from 7th May 2012 to 26th May 2012 City Code NAME OF CITY 901...