A messy desk means that you are creative

There are some studies that show that a messy desk shows that the person is more creative (finding reasons for the mess?).
There may be some merit to the findings as it may reveal the associative working of the mind of such a person. Sort of lateral thinking or mind mapping.
(My own desk is quite messy except when a business visitor (not necessarily important) is expected. Five minutes after the visit system restored to the usual disorder.)

What a Messy (or Neat) Desk Reveals About You

What is the thinking of CEans on this?
If not intruding, how messy is the desk?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    My table has stuff from books food items and stuff But That doesn't make me creative till I try to apply what I have learnt in my books.

But To be exact If I can't think differently in what I have learnt ? I am not creative.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    why go for table ? when all the things around me are messy........
    I am a lazy cray engineerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to the core
    😲
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I bet anyone can find something in my room except me. you dont even find obvious things at obvious places. Like wet towel is expected to be put to dry somewhere, It isnt 😁. My desk, its a perfect example of utilization of space. Space is a resource. One should not waste it.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Well, people who know me say I'm creative. But I'm known to be extremely neat and tidy as well. My policy is that if I am the one to keep the room neat, I should also be the one to make the room dirty. I hate it when someone else destroys my room and my arrangement - especially my table. But, when the creativity in me gets insane, you'd find stuff hanging here and there and then everything will be in a mess. It's been a while since I unleashed my creative part - now I'm more logical and analytically centered at work and time is limited - maybe that's why!😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Government has passed the Indian Companies Bill 2013. I thought of jotting down the highlights and 'what you need to know' so that you don't have to go through...
A good news for Developers using OS X- Apple has announced release of OS X Mavericks Developer Preview 5. This would be a beta release and will feature a preview...
how to store the contents on command prompt on to a file?? Is there any buffer log created? like we have in SQL? (the 'ed' command opens up the latest...
When Firefox and Chrome are launching the developer versions, how can Opera stay back? With an attempt to provide an early glimpse (before a stable 17 version) to the users...
Here is the list of cute and deadly monsters cued to be unveiled in Frankfurt Autoshow 2013 to be held in Germany.Are you ready Guyssssssssssssssssssss.Here you goooooooooooo 1)Audi's A8 -...