A Helium Balloon Ride In 2016 Shall Take You Out Of The World. Literally.

A small-scale business based in Arizona, The Paragon Space Development Corporation, has employed existing technology in the development of a helium balloon that'll almost fly you to the edge of the space. For US$75,000, the balloon called ‘World View commercial space tourism vehicle’ shall fly passengers to nearly 30 kilometers (almost 98,500 feet) above ground level. A space-qualified capsule shall act as a seating compartment beneath the balloon, and at a time shall be able to accommodate up to eight travelers. This capsule now shall be highly pressurized to ensure a breathable ecosystem as the vessel rises to the stated distance in its nearly 2 hour long journey.

Those who enjoyed watching Earth's rim in the recently released Hollywood beauty Gravity, can take in from that height the fresh blue-black that the earth has got to offer. Know more about this project here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Watch the simulation:

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is incredible and awesome, but shelling out 45 lakh rupees for this?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

XOLO, the Indian smartphone manufacturer has launched a new Android smartphone called the XOLO A600. Now on XOLO's official website, the A600 is the recent entry in the mid-budget mobile...
It's time to wish my fellow CEans a very happy Diwali . Enjoy with sweets and blast very less as possible. Have a safe and eco-friendly Diwali
This man from India has did it again. Meet Santhosh from Mysore, India - Bringing innovation to bikes is what he does. Known worldwide for developing the Moosshiqk (the Sanskrit...
Users who've upgraded to Mavericks and iTunes 11 have been complaining that the Internet Radio option has been missing and is nowhere to be found. I faced the same issue...
Hello everybody, I've recently installed the intel's icc compiler, but I'm still unable to use it because everytime I try to compile my c programs using it I get the...