A Floating Wind Turbine and a Solar Plane

A Floating Wind Turbine
Wind velocities at ground level are usually lower than at higher altitudes. However, the cost fo construction of very tall support structures is prohibitive. The solution?
Enter Altareos - Airborne Wind Turbine Prototype:
airborne wind turbine - YouTube
While the tethered turbine can be floated to the best altitude for catching prevailing winds, a flexible cable easily brings down the generated power.

First Intercontinental Flight For Solar Airplane A Success
The first intercontinental flight of the totally solar powered airplane Solar Impulse is a technological marvel. At the end of flight lasting nearly twenty hours Solar Impulse landed with a set of fully charged batteries. An amazing feat demonstrating the might of solar power.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update on the solar plane:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • pradeep74m
    pradeep74m
    Its happier to know steps towards greener energy production are yielding success...
  • Eggie
    Eggie
    bioramani
    A Floating Wind Turbine
    Wind velocities at ground level are usually lower than at higher altitudes. However, the cost fo construction of very tall support structures is prohibitive. The solution?
    Enter Altareos - Airborne Wind Turbine Prototype:
    airborne wind turbine - YouTube
    While the tethered turbine can be floated to the best altitude for catching prevailing winds, a flexible cable easily brings down the generated power.

First Intercontinental Flight For Solar Airplane A Success
    The first intercontinental flight of the totally solar powered airplane Solar Impulse is a technological marvel. At the end of flight lasting nearly twenty hours Solar Impulse landed with a set of fully charged batteries. An amazing feat demonstrating the might of solar power.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The might of solar and wind power.
    Yes, these powers are mighty and available. So in reply of the big K's thread on geothermal energy it seems better and more viable at the moment to explore these mighty powers.
    There are many locations in the world where these powers are almost constantly available. Large solar heat collector systems and photo voltaic systems can be positioned as well as the wind turbine plants. It's relatively easy to transport the electrical output.
    Doing this will reduce the dependance on oil for energy significantly, reduce the environmental problems and benefit the chemical and plastics industries.
    Oh, I did post a comment on plastics engineering as I hate those idiotic plastic blister packs that we do not seem be able to live without.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You are very right that the cost of transporting electricity is far less than transporting the fuel. Most options do not take into account hidden costs, which derail promising leads.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Resorts World Resort and Entertainment complex in Singapore has installed a mind blowing animatronic night show involving the love dance of 98 foot tall animatronic cranes, which demonstrate the...
Industrial consultancy eds up often as a pain in various sensitive parts of anatomy for both parties. Attempts have been made to define what may be done to have a...
I'm a student in Computer Engineering field. I need ideas on projects which is related to energy conservation, also related to my course.
hi friends, could you suggest me the best gre tofel coaching institutions in hyderabad. jeevas,edstar,promac,visu which one is best and any other best institutions to learn ?
Hello Everyone, I am Alex and a new member of our forum