A few words on Malware

Maybe old hat to IT pros.
Maybe useful to IT dummies like me:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Interesting. The article says,
    ...if you think your computer is infected and your anti-virus can't find any malware. Wipe your C: dirve and start over.
    That's good advice if you make a backup image every few days during your whole life, and if you know how to restore it, and (if you use Windows) if Microsoft's attempts to stop piracy don't thwart your legitimate efforts. At that point the best advice might be to just switch to #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    KenJackson
    That's good advice if you make a backup image every few days during your whole life, and if you know how to restore it, and (if you use Windows) if Microsoft's attempts to stop piracy don't thwart your legitimate efforts. At that point the best advice might be to just switch to #-Link-Snipped-#.
    Its not easy to simply wipe your partitions if you get affected. It is a whole lot tedious process. And every computer has some virus in it which remains undetected by your anti virus programs and cleaning C is not a solution to them.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    KenJackson
    That's good advice if you make a backup image every few days during your whole life, and if you know how to restore it, and (if you use Windows) if Microsoft's attempts to stop piracy don't thwart your legitimate efforts. At that point the best advice might be to just switch to Linux.
    Wiping the whole partition is not easy. If someone is having priceless data in his/her system then even an unexpected shutdown threatens him.
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    vikaskumar11233
    Wiping the whole partition is not easy. If someone is having priceless data in his/her system then even an unexpected shutdown threatens him.
    Why would a sensible person trust priceless data to the most attacked and compromised OS on the planet? It would be much smarter to use some Linux distro or The FreeBSD Project in the first place.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    KenJackson
    Why would a sensible person trust priceless data to the most attacked and compromised OS on the planet? It would be much smarter to use some Linux distro or The FreeBSD Project in the first place.
    There are few disadvantages of using Linux:
    -It is not an Operating system, It is just a kernel
    - basic windows Software are not available to be used on Linux.
    - Many Linux create problem in detecting hardware.

So I think that why a man will use Linux, only to protect his data and not to do anything on that.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    vikaskumar11233
    There are few disadvantages of using Linux:
    -It is not an Operating system, It is just a kernel
    There are 452+ Linux based OS (also known as distributions)

vikaskumar11233
    - basic windows Software are not available to be used on Linux.
    WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and macOS

vikaskumar11233
    - Many Linux create problem in detecting hardware.
    That was correct in 2000's ,but in current scenario every latest hardware is supported by Linux. Infact, Linux Kernel supports more hardwares than what Windows Kernel is capable of.
    Linux-Drivers.org - Your guide in the world of operating systems and technology

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently came across an awesome blog, so I am sharing this article : https://blog.smartbear.com/open-source/yes-open-source-jobs-are-hot-and-we-have-stats-to-prove-it/
Android uses Linux Kernel like all other desktop Operating systems do (even though it is more of forked one). //I don't wanna write much otherwise there won't be fun in...
Hi CEans This is CSK for you and I am here to start on the topic” Does Humans want to compete robots in future for job?”. It may look fun...
I've often wondered why there are no super scooters, and to my recent surprise, Yamaha did have quite a few attractive models to portray. Let me share a few pictures...
ONLY FOR CLASS & CLASSIC LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of us know little or few things about this about this masculine bike.Its non other than Royal Enfield which is famous for its...