A doubt in my hostel construction?

My friend of mine has called me and showed me a confusing construction in my hostel.Yes we found glass slides that have been buried in cement floor with constant distance.
Is there any reason behind it?
please share your thoughts.

Replies

• Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    CSK AUTO
    My friend of mine has called me and showed me a confusing construction in my hostel.Yes we found glass slides that have been buried in cement floor with constant distance.
    if possible upload here image of That..
    otherwise i will think it is only to make floor attractive.๐Ÿ˜
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Maybe it is to prevent the burrowing and infestation of rats and other rodents in the floor.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CSK AUTO
    Glass strips are used as a grid in some constructions to prevent crack propagation in continuous cement floors. Is that what you are seeing?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    2013-07-15 13.27.56

This is the floor in our hostel.I found that this use of glass slides only in top floor.
    Hope anyexperts know about this.
    @#-Link-Snipped-#,#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    Same floor is in my home .
    i think to save it from cracking.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is to prevent crack initiation and propagation, which upper floors arre perhaps more prone to because of minor settling around the periphery.
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    A.V.Ramani
    That is to prevent crack initiation and propagation, which upper floors arre perhaps more prone to because of minor settling around the periphery.
    It also serves to dissipate the shrinkage stresses in the concrete which in its absence would cause cracking.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have an galaxy y along with laptop without wifi.Can I use the phone as a wifi receiver? I have tried connectify.But it can only reverse tether the wifi signal...
I'm a game freak.Are you? Ok lets start the discussion.Name the best game in every genre you have played. Starting with mine, Race-Need for speed most wanted old version(its graphic...
hi frnds, following is my rank :- plz help me in selecting center for DESD course ... is there any chance of getting DESD course in CDAC pune or CDAC...
hello guys, this is the first participate for me, and I information about this topic Design of High Density, Low Cost & Efficient Universal Driver for Low, Medium & High...
We'll be using cross-platform application, STEG to do this.It use steganography and cryptography techniques to hide information inside uncompressed and compressed images. JPEG (JPG), TIFF, PNG, BMP image formats are...