A crazy aeronuttical feat - Normal plane lands almost vertically down on a ship

Here is a normal plane touching down almost vertically down on a ship. Even when one realizes that small planes have low stall velocities, it is landing against a wind and the ship may also be moving the same way cutting down on the ground speed, still this is one crazy feat. The take off with humans acting as brakes is even crazier.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey there, I appreciate any help I get on this. I'm in my final year, ECE. My term might be getting extended for credit completion reasons by a semester. I'll...
Honda's engineers have been doing a lot of amazing work on personal mobility device. The UNI-CUB, which made a debut at the Tokyo Motor Show about four years ago is...
Samsung pulls a silent launch of its latest smart Samsung Galaxy Core Plus SM-350, by listing the phone on the Samsung Taiwan website for a price of TW$7,990 (US$270). People...
Stephen Wolfram is ready with his biggest computing & technology project so far, after Mathematica & Wolfram Alpha. This time, it's a new kind of a programming language that is...
It looks like most of the US University Campuses will have Super Wi-Fi, a long range wireless network that extends to over 5 kilometres, as compared to the traditional Wi-Fi,...