A confusion related to AC - Load

OK
THE ROYAL STATEMENT -

" Because of the way electricity is generated at a power plant, the direction in which the electrons flow changes 120 times a second, making a complete turnaround 60 times a second. "

Huh !! -

- " Now, the reality is that the direction of A.C. - in accordence with its SOURCE changes with respect to its LOAD "

"Now for a power plant source we the hell are loads - i.e. our house - applinces"

Replies

• Kuldeepk07
    Kuldeepk07
    can any bdy here help me ....
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kuldeepk07
    From your post I am not getting any idea what exactly you want to know.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kuldeepk07
    Will this thread help?
    electron movement in AC
  • Kuldeepk07
    Kuldeepk07
    Harshad Italiya
    From your post I am not getting any idea what exactly you want to know
    - OK HARSHAD SIR
    - IN SIMPLE TERMS

- ITS FINALLY CLEAR (AS MENTND ABOVE) THAT THE DIRECTION OF AC CURRENT CHANGES (ELCTRN FLOW CHNGS) 120 - 100 TIMES A SECND.
    NOW FOR AC SOURCE - " THE CHANGE OF DIRECTN IS FROM - in accordence with its SOURCE changes with respect to its LOAD "

nnnnnn WOW we are the loads here - i.e. our home-applinces

- thus the change is from that source the plant to our home ?

now plz fgr it ....
  • Kuldeepk07
    Kuldeepk07
    NOW,

SIR its fr You - A.V. RAMANI SIR -
    - THE ELECTRON MOVEMENT IN DC SOURCE
    "In a DC circuit they end up at the positive electrode of the ultimate power source"

? - So, Sir does these electrons gets "Deposited at the POSITIVE ELECTRODE OF BETTERY". ??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Electrons flow from the positive to the negative in the circuit.

But inside the battery the electrons move from the negative terminal to the positive. therefore the balance in the number of electrons is maintained constant.

In an AC supply, The electrons are disturbed and are said to vary with reference to a common point called neutral. AC the electrons are stationary in a place and they don't move between terminals.

Electrons produce a standing wave effect between the phase and the neutral thereby conducting power to the users
  • Kuldeepk07
    Kuldeepk07
    Ok But now, u are moving away from the discussion
    - as I gt a problem when the current is produced "EVEN A.C. ALSO" at the time of power generation the - ELECTRONS move.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn &&&&

NOW ABOUT YOURS STATEMENT - Even in AC Circuit the electrons move (but not only between the source terminals)

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE MOVEMENT OF CURRENT IS NECESSARY FOR - CAUSING CURRENT - BECAUSE IF THEY DNT MOVE THEY WONT COLLIDE WITH THE SURFACE OF CONDUCTOR -- which is called CURRENT ..

NOW THIS COLLISION WITH THE SURFACE OF CONDUCTOR LEADS TO STANDING WAVE EFFECT
    - EVEN THIS LEDS TO SKIN EFFECT

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am Narendra.I am persuing Engineering.Now i'm in final year,in this we need to do a project. My interest is to design a electric bike.Electric bike is common but my...
Quote: The QardioArm is an Indiegogo-funded, iOS and Android-compatible, oscillometric smart blood pressure monitor that premiered at CES 2014 and became available for purchase over the summer. Endquote https://www.medgadget.com/2014/12/qa...mail&utm_campaign=Feed:+Medgadget+(Medgadget)
The fever of budget smartphones is spreading widely across the world. Joining the league is Chinese smartphone manufacturer Meizu by coming with a new line up of smartphones with Meizu...
A research team consisting of scientists and engineers from Northwestern University has developed a novel non-invasive diagnostic that can detect the Alzheimer’s disease in a living animal at an early...
Could you guide me which institute should i opt for correspondence M.S in India and what is the scope of it? Presently working as a software engineer in a MNC...