A coil with normal AC voltage and 1GHz freq possible????

Help Me Making a coil with AC voltage and 1GHz freq possible????

I am having a wild idea for creating a new energy source but well I am still pretty inexperienced so I wanted to know that if I wanted to make a normal VAC with 1 GHz (value of voltage doesn't matter)
how to do that?

I know it's possible but well not very sure :/
I managed to get a 1 lakh volt, 3670 KHz with a Tesla Coil but GHz is just too far away.

any ideas friends???

Replies

• skipper
    skipper
    All reactive (inductive) components have a natural frequency or resonance, at which they transfer energy with the largest efficiency. To get to high frequency you need a coil that can handle it.
    See if you can grob the design specs for coils, and also high magnetic strength coils that produce high-energy fields.

If these devices aren't constructed robustly they degenerate or explode catastrophically. This is from all the vibrational energy in the metal the coil is made of. All the metallic atoms move around - this is why a transformer makes a buzzing or humming noise, and that's from a power level way below the HA coils that switch tens or hundreds of amps - and why they pulse them.

The failure of the magnets at the LHC is in this domain, or "what happens at low temperature and high energy to metals".
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    but why you need such a high frequency??? unless its an solid-state device its very difficult to miantian and keep the system operational.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    skipper
    To get to high frequency you need a coil that can handle it. See if you can grab the design specs for coils, and also high magnetic strength coils that produce high-energy fields.

If these devices aren't constructed robustly they degenerate or explode catastrophically. This is from all the vibrational energy in the metal the coil is made of.
    I can get any specs needed but I have no idea how to make such high frequency. Using High speed a.c. motor to make a rotory spark gap can get the frequency to I guess MHz but still GHz is very far πŸ˜”

If I could manage to get detailed knowledge on this then there will be no problems for me to collect the material required. But firstly I wanna learn the theory and then go towards the practical work. πŸ˜€

and yeah I understand the theory of resonance in physics as well as electrical field so that will make it easy for me. πŸ˜€

sauravgoswami
    but why you need such a high frequency??? unless its an solid-state device its very difficult to miantian and keep the system operational.

Its just a wild out of the book project idea, which if successful, I am sure is gonna revolutionize the way we generate electricity. I have been visualizing the thing and have studies the lower physics on it and according to that it should be possible and now moving on to the higher studies over it. πŸ˜€

But well I won't be exposing the idea write now, will wait till collect enough data to be sure that I am moving in right direction. πŸ˜€
  • skipper
    skipper
    PS "grob" means "graphics object" in RPL.
    To grob, means I suppose to "look at". IS language can be so, defined...
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    IS??
    Indian Standard or what??
    how is it related to this thread?? :?
  • skipper
    skipper
    Well, someone retyped the term; it isn't actually important I just thought I would fill in the dotted line.
  • manivannan.mv
    manivannan.mv
    yes.possible
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    manivannan.mv
    yes.possible
    I know it is possible but what I don't know is how to do it.
    I know that they some how produce it to operate mobile phones and all, but well I have no idea how is that done πŸ˜”

I know that mobiles operate at the frequency in GHz so I am thinking maybe people who are in communication field could tell me the answer πŸ˜€

or if anyone else knows how to get that frequency.πŸ˜”
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    How about employing frequency multipliers, that's what they do in telecommunications.
  • debu
    debu
    @kashish0711: You could use a VCXO (Volatage Controlled Crystal Oscillator) such as #-Link-Snipped-#, these are commonly used in electronics. The output will be a 5v square wave. If you want a higher voltage, you could use an amplifier circuit.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Debu πŸ˜€
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Thank You Munguti 😁
    just went through it on wikipedia
    that might do the trick πŸ˜€
    will study them in more depth after 23 rd coz I have my last exam on 23rd 😁
    Thanks again for the valuable information, I have been looking for something like this to start my project study. πŸ˜€
    Thanks n_n

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

heya friends I have been here from a pretty long time but never introduced myself:shifty: Its Kashish Malhotra I am 18 years old. I am an Electrical Engineering Student(final year...
​ Linux just gets sexier and sexier, and Fedora 11 just joined Ubuntu 9.04 in the ranks of super modern Linux distros released this year. Fedora doesn't have all the...
Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option,...
Researchers at the Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and UC Berkeley have developed an ultra-dense memory chip that is capable of storing data for up to a billion...
hi i m new to this forum i m studing in Saurashtra university in guj. so i thought of sharing my material to you all. this is the material for...