CrazyEngineers
  • Kaustubh
    Kaustubh

MemberFeb 15, 2008

A better search engine

CEans,

First it was Altavista, then it was Yahoo and now, its Google. The world has seen improvements in web search technology over the years. Ultimately, crazy engineers like you will build the next search engine. So, what do our crazy computer science engineers have in their mind about the next, better search engine? How can we go about building it? How would it behave? What technology will it use?

Got any crazy ideas for the next search engine?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • mahul

MemberFeb 15, 2008

well this is something i'm concentrating on these days, search programs. i've started out with a desktop search for linux systems(it's almost complete). i do plan to move out to web search in future(if its possible), maybe we can start an initiative in ce.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 15, 2008

mahul
    well this is something i'm concentrating on these days, search programs. i've started out with a desktop search for linux systems(it's almost complete). i do plan to move out to web search in future(if its possible), maybe we can start an initiative in ce.
    Wow, that's something, buddy! How does your approach differ from the traditional one? Mind sharing it with all of us here?
    Cancel
  • MaRo

MemberFeb 15, 2008

In my company's R&D the guys there have a lot of smart ideas, but they're focusing on searching by Image, you upload some image and it gets you all images similar or like it.
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberFeb 15, 2008

I would prefer "contextually similar" results to be grouped together.
    ie If I am searching for a blue lotus, then it should not show the images of a blue flower next to the images of a blue car. It should combine them in two separate groups which can further be refined by providing further inputs.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 20, 2008

kidakaka
    I would prefer "contextually similar" results to be grouped together.
    ie If I am searching for a blue lotus, then it should not show the images of a blue flower next to the images of a blue car. It should combine them in two separate groups which can further be refined by providing further inputs.
    That's a really good idea!

In my company's R&D the guys there have a lot of smart ideas, but they're focusing on searching by Image, you upload some image and it gets you all images similar or like it.
    How about asking someone from the group to discuss it here on CE? 😀
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberFeb 20, 2008

Its a concept akin to Web 3.0, read more of it here <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_3" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Web3 - Wikipedia</a>
    Cancel
  • MaRo

MemberFeb 21, 2008

The_Big_K
    How about asking someone from the group to discuss it here on CE? 😀
    OK, I'll see how this gonna work
    Cancel
  • ARTHANARI26

MemberFeb 26, 2008

hey sms 2 usb 2 and even web 2 is also here wen is blog 2 gonna come
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberMar 8, 2008

Hey people, I was catching up on my feeds, when I came to this one ... it seems a contextual search engine has already been conceptualized and made .. its called eeggi 😀 I found it on readwriteweb dot com, heres the link - #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMar 8, 2008

Great find kidakaka. The eeggi demos were quite interesting 😀 I suppose there might be a time when people ask engineering questions and eeggi spouts out solutions from Crazy Engineers.. other than seminar and projects *grin*
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberMar 9, 2008

I think the author is the same person who wrote the much studied book AI (in Indian engineering colleges) ... Rich & Knight. All final year students who had taken AI as an elective would know of Dr. Knight.
    Cancel
  • just2rock

MemberMar 9, 2008

kidakaka
    Hey people, I was catching up on my feeds, when I came to this one ... it seems a contextual search engine has already been conceptualized and made .. its called eeggi 😀 I found it on readwriteweb dot com, heres the link - #-Link-Snipped-#
    Enggii is all but a revolutioning text insight learner.....had peek in before but anyways thanx for sharing it with rest of us@
    Cancel
  • just2rock

MemberMar 9, 2008

ash
    Great find kidakaka. The eeggi demos were quite interesting 😀 I suppose there might be a time when people ask engineering questions and eeggi spouts out solutions from Crazy Engineers.. other than seminar and projects *grin*
    hahaha😁Someday it may also can happen that we @ CE became ONLINE WEB TECHIANS giving Real time solutions to Queries on Tech,and many more things to come...so just wait for the blast..Engiii is just the new born of the Great Godzilla
    Cancel
  • just2rock

MemberMar 9, 2008

MaRo
    Another good work.....so has this IMage sensibile engine launched or under process.waiting for it...
    blog reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberMar 9, 2008

I think this engine must be working on some pattern recognition engine. MaRo, is it an adaptive engine as well?? It better be 😀
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register