A better search engine

CEans,

First it was Altavista, then it was Yahoo and now, its Google. The world has seen improvements in web search technology over the years. Ultimately, crazy engineers like you will build the next search engine. So, what do our crazy computer science engineers have in their mind about the next, better search engine? How can we go about building it? How would it behave? What technology will it use?

Got any crazy ideas for the next search engine?

Replies

• mahul
    mahul
    well this is something i'm concentrating on these days, search programs. i've started out with a desktop search for linux systems(it's almost complete). i do plan to move out to web search in future(if its possible), maybe we can start an initiative in ce.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    well this is something i'm concentrating on these days, search programs. i've started out with a desktop search for linux systems(it's almost complete). i do plan to move out to web search in future(if its possible), maybe we can start an initiative in ce.
    Wow, that's something, buddy! How does your approach differ from the traditional one? Mind sharing it with all of us here?
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    In my company's R&D the guys there have a lot of smart ideas, but they're focusing on searching by Image, you upload some image and it gets you all images similar or like it.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I would prefer "contextually similar" results to be grouped together.
    ie If I am searching for a blue lotus, then it should not show the images of a blue flower next to the images of a blue car. It should combine them in two separate groups which can further be refined by providing further inputs.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    I would prefer "contextually similar" results to be grouped together.
    ie If I am searching for a blue lotus, then it should not show the images of a blue flower next to the images of a blue car. It should combine them in two separate groups which can further be refined by providing further inputs.
    That's a really good idea!

In my company's R&D the guys there have a lot of smart ideas, but they're focusing on searching by Image, you upload some image and it gets you all images similar or like it.
    How about asking someone from the group to discuss it here on CE? πŸ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Its a concept akin to Web 3.0, read more of it here Web3 - Wikipedia
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    The_Big_K
    How about asking someone from the group to discuss it here on CE? πŸ˜€
    OK, I'll see how this gonna work
  • ARTHANARI26
    ARTHANARI26
    hey sms 2 usb 2 and even web 2 is also here wen is blog 2 gonna come
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey people, I was catching up on my feeds, when I came to this one ... it seems a contextual search engine has already been conceptualized and made .. its called eeggi πŸ˜€ I found it on readwriteweb dot com, heres the link - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Great find kidakaka. The eeggi demos were quite interesting πŸ˜€ I suppose there might be a time when people ask engineering questions and eeggi spouts out solutions from Crazy Engineers.. other than seminar and projects *grin*
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I think the author is the same person who wrote the much studied book AI (in Indian engineering colleges) ... Rich & Knight. All final year students who had taken AI as an elective would know of Dr. Knight.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    kidakaka
    Hey people, I was catching up on my feeds, when I came to this one ... it seems a contextual search engine has already been conceptualized and made .. its called eeggi πŸ˜€ I found it on readwriteweb dot com, heres the link - #-Link-Snipped-#
    Enggii is all but a revolutioning text insight learner.....had peek in before but anyways thanx for sharing it with rest of us@
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    ash
    Great find kidakaka. The eeggi demos were quite interesting πŸ˜€ I suppose there might be a time when people ask engineering questions and eeggi spouts out solutions from Crazy Engineers.. other than seminar and projects *grin*
    hahaha😁Someday it may also can happen that we @ CE became ONLINE WEB TECHIANS giving Real time solutions to Queries on Tech,and many more things to come...so just wait for the blast..Engiii is just the new born of the Great Godzilla
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    MaRo
    Another good work.....so has this IMage sensibile engine launched or under process.waiting for it...
    blog reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I think this engine must be working on some pattern recognition engine. MaRo, is it an adaptive engine as well?? It better be πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'll keep the first post short & sweet ( πŸ˜’ ) - What according to you is the future of email? Will it be replaced by something else or we're...
Hi! I'm Umar again with a Question... I'm having a paper named "TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS" I want to know what are the recent trends of HVDC transmission lines and...
Hi Friends... I'm Umar again.. I'm from Tamilnadu.. Plz help me with the procedures of Implant training.. how to apply...? Help me and give me some effective ideas.. Note: I...
well the alarm bells haven't started ringing for all those newbies and aspiring entrants in the it sector. Weakening dollar and strengthening rupee are spelling trouble for lots of techies...
I posted the "CrazyEngineers is 7k Strong" thread on 21[sup]st[/sup] January 2008. Today, on 16[sup]th[/sup] February 2008, we added 1,000 more members, 😁 ! That is approx 26 days for...