A 10000mAh Battery Case For Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3

People often complain about the battery life of their smartphones. The best smartphones with the biggest batteries struggle to make it over three days on a single charge. Samsung’s idea of giving a 3200mAh battery to its Galaxy Note 3 has paid off quite well but what if you wanted even more juice for your phablet? Well, ZeroLemon has got a solution with its new battery case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The highlight of this protective case is its 10000mAh Tri-Cell design battery which is claimed by the company to be the world’s largest capacity battery. The extended battery life comes with a small problem though. First you have to remove your stock battery and put the ZeroLemon one in its place. Next you have to ditch your rear cover and use the bundled universal fit case in its place to accommodate the bigger battery.

ZeroLemon 1

The ZeroLemon case has polycarbonate and thermoplastic polyurethane layers to protect your Rs. 49,900 phablet from damage. You also get built-in screen protector for your 5.7 inch Full HD Super AMOLED display and protective tabs for your S-Pen slot, microUSB port and headphone jack. The belt clip holster is a clever addition to the case as it also serves as a kickstand that can be adjusted in multiple angles. The case is claimed to be compatible with all Galaxy Note 3 variants and comes with a 6 month manufacturer warranty along with Amazon’s 30 days full refund guarantee.

ZeroLemon 2

The retail price of 59.99 USD (3,660.50 INR) sounds reasonable for a protective case that has got NFC and a battery that can prolong the standby time of your Note 3 almost three times but we would advise to go through the customer reviews on its #-Link-Snipped-# before taking the plunge.

Source: ZeroLemon launches insane 10,000mAh battery case for the Galaxy Note 3 - PhoneArena

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Note 3 is a device that has the capability to run almost 2 days without requirement of any extra juice for the users that are not doing extensive usage; still for the ones who are big time mobile users would love this new recipe from ZeroLemon.

The only thing I was thinking that Phablet - NOTE 3 is already a big device (however it is THIN), this cover will remove that thin tag as well.

I don't think it will it be fun using such a thick and big device for making calls? still experience from any one who had used a similar cover will be helpful.

-CB
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anil Jain
    Note 3 is a device that has the capability to run almost 2 days without requirement of any extra juice for the users that are not doing extensive usage; still for the ones who are big time mobile users would love this new recipe from ZeroLemon.

The only thing I was thinking that Phablet - NOTE 3 is already a big device (however it is THIN), this cover will remove that thin tag as well.

I don't think it will it be fun using such a thick and big device for making calls? still experience from any one who had used a similar cover will be helpful.

-CB
    An add-on protective back cover is required for almost all phones - atleast I've seen a lot of people use it, and I've been using it with my Note 2 as well (mine costs about Rs1500)! So this 'extra' feature with such an add-on will not cause any weird weight issues either. The Note 3 being lighter, it serves well!

P.S.: Wish they had the same for Note 2.

P.S.S.: I'd rather have a 'Gigantor' of a phone that's somewhat robust than a thin piece of vulnerable crap!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bigger batteries may not be an ideal fix for an operating system that's battery eater by design. I'm not an iOS fan; but they do a fantastic job of managing memory and power. Especially, with the graphics processing.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bigger batteries may not be an ideal fix for an operating system that's battery eater by design. I'm not an iOS fan; but they do a fantastic job of managing memory and power. Especially, with the graphics processing.
    You might be talking about the older versions of iPhone. iPhone 5S is however a battery eater!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great share, Satya! I just checked the reviews on Amazon, most people look impressed with the sturdiness of the battery case. The build quality is amazing and everything fits snug - one of them says.

I personally believe that a combo of battery and case is really unheard of for this price. Two of the things, any Android and a smartphone owner would care about are battery life and a long-lasting reliable protective cover. Putting them in one - Quite a phenomenal achievement!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    +1
    I am not Apple lover, infact I hate 'em for using FBSD stacks & making them proprietary & claiming .. hey! it's OS X ! Well that's another story.
    I agree on fact that, iOS have better memory management, but that doesn't mean Android have bad memory management. Why Performance Of Android Phones Is Slow ?
    BTW things seems to be changing after KitKat 4.4 as per user's review.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They don't claim that they've the most original operating system. It's all UNIX playing the game behind the scenes; but we'll have to agree that they do a great job of graphics management which results into better battery life.

I'm not sure if KitKat would change the things because Android developers themselves have acknowledged that iOS is way ahead of them in terms of handling the overall hardware.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure if KitKat would change the things because Android developers themselves have acknowledged that iOS is way ahead of them in terms of handling the overall hardware.
    Do you have source where you read about this that 'Android devs acknowledged that iOS is way ahead in terms of handling overall hardware' ? I would like to read it too.

BTW, something that should be kept in mind, Apple only have to care about one hardware. On other side, Android have to maintain qualcomm, nvidia, mediatek & many other processor stacks.
    If Kitkat won't change things, we've Tizen, FF & Ubuntu which will make Apple look like shit.
    And hey, Canonical signs first Ubuntu touch hardware partner. Canonical Sign First Ubuntu Touch Hardware Partner, 'High-End Phone' To Debut in 2014 - OMG! Ubuntu! 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Check: #-Link-Snipped-# . They're talking about UI rendering which is one of the biggest battery eaters. I shouldn't have said 'overall hardware'; but that post should throw some light on why Androids have been heavier on batteries.

All that said, I still can't have my Note II last longer than my iPad (not a nice comparison; but still!). I've seen iPhones going without needing a charge for 3-4 days on a 'regular' usage.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check: #-Link-Snipped-# . They're talking about UI rendering which is one of the biggest battery eaters.
    Article is dated: Dec 6th 2011 😲 by Google intern (Not offending but article is saying Google Engineer).
    Project butter was released last year, try KitKat or 4.2+ to break this myth.
    Windows phones are definitely sluggish. They added animation to cover up time delay in executing primary functions.
    I agree iOS transitions feels great (doesn't mean android transition are not great). But execution time, I disagree. you can compare lots of you-tube video about performance.

For original post: I believe Exide battery have huge opportunity here to make powerful battery for mobile.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The reason why Android is heavier on batteries is it allows any app to be deployed by to the the app store. People can use the app, and if the app developer has not developed application with all standards that becomes the juice eater. Per analysis, Android has improved their native apps, and OS and that's not causing a lot to battery.

In case of iOS, Apple doesn't allow any app to become available in App store before developer give certification for all apple standards. Even after this, app store testers does a high level testing to ensure the same.

That is one of the major difference why Android based phone takes more juice than iOS devices.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - that's an interesting observation. I've realised that few of the poorly coded applications drain the battery like water running out of an open tap. I'm planning to test the vanilla install of Android and see if it does last longer. At present, I get about 1.5 day of life on Note II with 'Power Saver' mode on.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - that's an interesting observation. I've realised that few of the poorly coded applications drain the battery like water running out of an open tap. I'm planning to test the vanilla install of Android and see if it does last longer. At present, I get about 1.5 day of life on Note II with 'Power Saver' mode on.
    Recently I got a chance to work for one of the mobile app deployment at Apple App Store and Android play store and the standard of application development, difference of memory leakage and battery eating capacity of the two app versions.. My Gosh!

If you are using 15 apps installed on your NOTE II and using them for some 1 hour in day, lemme assure you, plain vanilla version of android will give you more than 2.5 hours of juice.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guys i need your favour...plz let me know abou CMC-tcs subsidiary noida...is it good for 6 months industrial training of 8th semester of my b'tech...
Post :Costing & Design Engineer Expertise: Candidate should have knowledge of Strainers & Filters (Eg:“Y”,Conical,Basket,Duplex & ‘T” type). CAD qualified & able to submit drawings as per customer requirement. Pressure...
Looking at the performance of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi elections, I believe we can very well treat it as a startup in the domain of politics. AAP began...
Whenever we talk about a better bike design; the most ignored part is the pedals. The cyclists may know that it's a very important part of the bike and we...
So, today I woke up thinking about the most creative, fun and interesting ways to hire people for a startup or a big company and started browsing about it. I...